Anyone here using disposable wipes? I have a Q

celine

Reaction score
I use cloth nappies but not cloth wipes, I always thought that the commercial wipes coudl be flushed down the loo but just read on the packaging that they shouldnt..Can anyone tell me why?
Cos with my cloths I lift off the poo nappy and put it one side, wipe, throw the wipes with the liner down the loo..I mean if the liner is flushable why not the wipes?

I think because it doesn't break down in the same way so you end up with lots of disposable wipes floating out at sea. You can get ones that you can flush but they're more expensive and you can't get them in supermarkets here from what I've seen.

I think the fibres in the disposable wipes aren't biodegradable so they aren't really meant to end up along with all the other biodegradeable stuff at the waste treatment plant. Maybe they can clog up pipes too :shrug: We use reuseable wipes but occasionally I have flushed a 'sposie wipe and it hasn't clogged up the toilet or anything though :blush:

they totally clog up your toilets, i have sometimes flushed wipes but yeh, youre not meant to

you can buy flushable training wipes in wilko's

x

oh my i had no idea! tx for letting me all this ladies i been flushing them the loo for months :(

Yes they definately clog up pipes! When I was plumbing I used to go to alot of houses with nasty blocked pipes from people flushing them. Not so pleasant to unblock at all! Before I used cloth wipes I just used to put the wipes in a bit of loo roll or a nappysack and into the bin but now we use cloth ones they go straight in the nappy pail unless they're really pooey, then they get rinsed first. :D

why not get some of th adult wipes..like the wet ones andrex do..they can be flushed and should be fine as long as G isnt too sensitive :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->