Anyone here with PCOS? Or who can give advice on PCOS?

Sus09

mum
Reaction score
Hi ladies!!!!!

I did post something similar in another thread. However I wondered if someone could share their experiences and opinions.

My case is strange... Before I was 30, my cycles were irregular. Usually arond 35 day and some months I would miss a periods. Then I was diagnosed with Mild PCOS.

At the age of 30 I got pregnant with my ex partner. I was all thrilled, until I started bleeding at 5 weeks... They did a scan and I got terrible news: I had a molar pregnancy (for those who don´t knwo wha this is, it is a very rare type of pregnancy, when DNA goes all wrong and the baby becomes a tumour, so I had to be screened for possible Cancer for a year)

After that, my periods have been very regular, 30 days each month, I have not missed any other period since. A year ago I had several tests including scans and laparoscopy and they sayd that I did not have PCOS!!!! :shrug:

That is what I did not understand as it is a condition that I believer it can´t be cured?? So I don`t know what to believe!! or which doctor was right?:shrug:

I wonder if someone who has PCOS or knows about them could share ecperiences and advice.

Thanks ladies!:flower:

Maybe someone will read this, so I would ask few questions: are you overweight? Do you have hirsutism? Acne? All these are sympthoms of PCOS. In the root the problem is in excess male hormons-androgens due to hormonal imbalance. Nowadays PCOS is cured by metformin, which serves for diabetes type II treatment, but also for PCOS in higher doses. Male hormones can come from adrenals too, so they have to be checked also.

Hi, my OB diagnosed me with mild PCOS after an ultrasound some years ago. My only symptom is polycystic ovaries and somewhat long/irregular cycles, usually 35 days long, like yours. My ovulation usually ranges anywhere from CD19-CD24. I don't have any other of the other symptoms (hairiness, overweight), you don't have to have every symptoms to have PCOS, though, from what I've read. I've never been put on MET (not sure if I have insulin resistance or what, just did a blood test to check), but I've been on Clomid before when ttc.

I don't think it's something that can be cured per se, but it can be managed with meds like Metformin, exercise, etc. Perhaps you were diagnosed incorrectly? Maybe it would be worth it to get another opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->