Anyone in Australia TTC wanna buddy up??

Mum2miller

Mummy to 2 and pregnant!
Reaction score
Hi im 23, Married to DH for almost 1 year and ttc #2 after losing our first son born at 35 weeks only lived for 36 hours in June this year:cry:. I'm at cd9 so just about to start dtd on a daily basis DH is very excited :happydance: Hopefully this is the month for a :bfp: FXed!! Would love a buddy is Australia??? anyone welcome tho :friends:, dust you you all :dust:

Hi there!
I'm an expat. aussie living in the UK with my lovely (but english) husband :)

So sad to here about your son :( but so happy to see you trying again!! Hope you're not here in TTC for very long!

:)

hi glow, i hope so too!! have you been trying for very long? this is our 3rd month since ds i thought it would just happen straight away as it did with our son but unfortunately not so lucky this time around in ttc terms anyway. My first pregnancy was every definition of a nightmare, i had morning sickness :sick: from 7dpo!! untill a few days b4 my son was born. Plus complications the whole way through :cry: so hopefully if the ttc was easy last time and the pregnancy was hard maybe this time the ttc will be hard but a breezy pregnancy:) FXed. Babydust to you :dust:

Hi there,

Sorry I thought I replied yesterday - but can't find the post now!
We've been trying 'properly' for only 3 months, but were NTNP for a few months before that :) No luck so far, but hey-ho, here's hoping it will be good news soon for both of us!
Where abouts in Oz are you from? (And pls excuse any typos, haven't put my contacts in yet this mornign!)

Hi :hi:

I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious son :cry:

I'm in NT but will eventually be relocating to QLD in a few years. Getting pregnant being so remote scares me but I'm sure it's been done a million times before!

Today (Mon) is cycle day 9 so looks like we're similar there

:dust: to you and everyone else here xx

hi glow, born and raised in brisbane, i love it here. My family are from england tho so i have been there a few times its also very nice but far to cold for a queenslander like me. i see your cd14 does that mean you should OV any second now?? time to get bd :dance: Dh will be happy! :dust:

Hi Cerena, yay another buddy:wohoo: and on the same cd as me :thumbup: I'm sure you will be fine in NT are you in Darwin or more remote? where are you originally from? Does your DH travel for work?? Qld is really nice, you will love it. I guess you must be :sex: around the clock as well then atm trying to catch that egg. I have just started OPK's today but pretty sure i will OV on saturday. My C is fairly regular.

Goodluck ladies Baby dust all around :dust: :dust:

My mum lives in Brisbane - Corinda. We have travelled much of QLD, from Coolongatta right up to Kuranda in farth north QLD. We also worked on Dunk Island in the barrier reef for some time & lived in Cairns for a while (humidity - argh! :)
I'm heading to Brisbane next month for 2 weeks to see mum *woop woop holiday** :wohoo:

I live very remote. Near a certain big red rock :winkwink: 4hr drive from civilization.

We are both originally from Glasgow in Scotland but OH is British/Indian and I'm 1/2 Pakistani.
We don't need to travel for work as we can both walk there in less than 15mins!

No can't say we are DTD much, we've been working conflicting shifts (I start 6.30am, he starts 2.30pm) but we both have 2 days off Wed/Thu (hopefully my most fertile days if everything is going to plan!!)

Hi again girls, England is definitely chilly - the local idea of summer is a bit of a laugh! I'm from Melbourne, but have cousins living in Nth Q but have never really spent much time in Q'ld apart from the odd holiday :)

DH (back when he was just a BF) and I went to the see the big rock a couple of years ago and it was the most amazing experience ever. I didn't expect to be so overwhelmed by it all! Cerena - I'm sure you'll be fine with the remoteness - Aussies are used to dealing with the distance :) FX'd your fertile days match with your days off!

And mum2miller - we've been getting in a lot of practise already :) Just back from a week's holiday in Tuscany enjoying some proper sunshine - FX'd I'll be oving any moment now and the residual relaxed holiday thoughts will help things along!!

ohh lovely i think i need a holiday. I don't work but it would be nice to go overseas atm and just get away for a bit take my mind of everything. My cousin was living at yulara just last year working in hospitality is that near you. She said it was very remote. Cairns humidity is crazy.. i bet you miss the cold somedays. Thats good you have a couple of days of together to get busy with the bd'ing. Have you been ttc for long? good luck :dust:

So many friends have gone to england expecting Aussie summer and are shocked at how different it is. Oh tuscany is beautiful, i have only been there once but it was one of my favorite places in Italy well in europe for that matter. Hopefully it has given you that rest and relaxation needed to make baby. FXed this is our month for the :yellow: visit!! :dust: all round

So many friends have gone to england expecting Aussie summer and are shocked at how different it is.

Eh? Why would you even expect that? lol. The winter we get here is 100 times better than any summer we could get in Scotland!

Yes you nailed it, we live in Yulara. It's very remote. Kind of worries me in terms of any complications with the pregnancy/getting to hospital for scans and to deliver etc. Wish I was in the city and everything would be so much simpler!
I really do not fancy giving birth in Alice Springs hospital, it's not a very nice place from personal experience :sick:

I probably knew your cousin! There are only around 800 people living here.
Whereabouts in Brisbane are you from?

We haven't started TTC yet, this is my first cycle off birth control. I've applied for a new job here and am starting to worry if I get it, then fall pregnant (because it's a new post and only contracted for 4 months initially with a view to go permanent) they'd pull the plug on the position and I'd be left without a job :cry:

Lol, I never expected an Aussie summer, but would still like a few more weeks of sunshine and not wearing a jumper :) Tuscany was gorgeous - reminded me way too much of country Vic - kept having to remind myself we weren't around the yarra valley, LOL.

Yulara was lovely (as a tourist! I hope they treat the staff well) I used to work at the Royal Children's in Melbourne before I came out here - quite a few of the patients were from the centre. From what they said, the thought of having to travel was actually much worse than the reality of it. You will be fine, and just imagine the stories in the future if your future baby is conceived around Uluru! Wow :)

^^ hehe I never thought of that before! One girl here travelled to the sunshine coast to give birth. I've thought about flying to Brisbane, I'd want my mum there at the birth as well as OH (as long as he doesn't mind)

God knows how one would survive a pregnancy here in the height of summer, good god - it's 40-47c some days and the flies, the FLIES I tell ya! :wacko:
There is also only 1 childcare centre here, I checked their rates online. Now I have nothing to compare this too - so do these charges seem normal or higher/lower than average??

$66 daily or $265 per week

Lol, I'm already hoping we get lucky this month so I can tell everyone about our Italian baby :) Was joking in the supermarket with a lovely (and very nosy about my buying hpts) woman about the stupid names we could call the imaginary munchkin.

On the childcare front I have no idea from the other side of the pond! But it's probably worth asking if they have a staff discount or employer contributions etc. But if you've just started a new job you may want to be more subtle about it! ROFL :)

DH and I wouldn't have lasted without our fly-net hats (the same as we used against the midges in Scotland!). I seem to (vaguely) remember Yulara has a small medical centre - maybe the nurse could give you some confidential advise. You won't be the first local to need advise on pre-natal care and birth options!

I live in cleveland in brisbane. Yee you probably do know my cousin she worked in a hotel there i can't imagine that there are too many... She left to come back to brisbane in november but she was there for about 4 months i think.

Maybe you will just have to come to brisbane for your scans and stay at your mums for the last month of your pregnancy if you are worried. However i had what i thought were the best private doctors aswell as a very good hospital and my baby still passed away from complications after the wrong choices were made by the doctors so sometimes it doesn't matter even if you are in a good hospital as long as you have people who know what they are doing and i'm sure in Outback AUS they are very use to dealing with pregnancy, i'm sure it will all be fine and if at any point you are worried just go stay with your mum i'm sure she would love to have you.

Is the new position also in yulara?

as i type you both posted replies. Daycare is about the same price here in bris so thats not that bad. Gosh that heat would be crazy. I was on my honeymoon in Hawaii when i fell pregnant with ds i loved telling everyone he was our little hawaiian baby. we were there for 2 weeks and i found out 7 dpo a couple of days before we left to come home i tried to pick a hawaiian name but i ended up picking a name from a movie we watched while we were there. I think you will have to wait and see how your PG progresses and if it looks like you might have complications, FXed everything is perfect then you just come to bris.

Hehehe,

It always happens doesn't it? You spend time creating a masterpiece of a reply, and then BAM! another reply beats you to it and nothing makes sense anymore. Or maybe I'm just a little bit daft today :)
I need to go outside and pick the vegies from the garden (we have zucchinis glalore!) but I really can't be bothered doing anything that requires energy on my very last day of holiday before going back to the dreaded work tomorrow.

Yeah I know Cleveland and yup the position is still here in Yulara. We're still contracted for another 2.5 years :wacko:

Well things are not going all that well with me. My chart on FF tells me I'm probably fertile just now so we DTD last night and he pulled out at the last minute (this happened last time too)
I'm thinking he has got cold feet about the whole thing and changed his mind and I don't know what to do :cry:

Oh thats no good, Did you go off BC with the intention of falling PG or just to NTNP? My DH was also a little nervous the first time we ttc with ds but in his mind he thought if you have unprotected :sex: you fall pregnant guaranteed:dohh:. Like most men he doesn't understand the female cycle so maybe with the stress of you applying for a new job and things he has just gotten a little worried that it will all happen so quickly. Maybe he just needs to wait till you hear about the Job?? My DH is far from a big talker so i know it can be hard to talk about these kind of things. He is warming up... he found my list of "babyandbump lingo and abbreviations" and now when we talk he uses them!! last night he yelled out to me when i was in the office "DW do you want to TTC" he actually used the letters :rofl: lol Hopefully your OH will come around too. Goodluck :dust:

Awww Cerena, that's a shame, as Mum2miller says - it's probably just nerves, have a chat with DH if you can :)
And LOL at using B&B abbreviations - that's so cute :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->