Anyone in Australia TTC wanna buddy up??

I guess I came off the pill to NTNP, but I think with the majority of people, I want to try more than prevent!
I'm nervous of chatting to him about it - he's not much of a talker and when he's made up his mind, that's it, no trying to talk him round.
I'm sure I must be the most impatient person in the world and I've already been trying to ignore these feelings all of this year but they keep getting stronger and stronger - there's no way I can hold off another few years. No way!
Guys def don't realise that's it's unlikely you'll fall pregnant straight away & even when you do - it's still 9 months before baby arrives!

Took an ovulation test (today is CD10) came back negative. So does this mean that I'm not fertile or that I just haven't ovulated yet?

Ah feeling hopeless :(

I know, most men are naive](*,)!! i do think its important to talk about it tho, as hard as it might be to have that conversation. maybe he will understand how you are feeling and he was just scared but after talking he sees things in a new light FXed!!

I am cd 11 and my OPK are still negative but because :spermy: can live i think up to 72 hours they call it a fertile window... i guess the hope is that some of the :spermy: will live and be there waiting when you OV to catch the egg. They also say if you have :sex: a few days before OV that your chances of a girl increase where as if you just :sex: on OV more likely a boy cause the girl sperm live longer but the boy sperm are faster. Im going with :sex: all the time pink or blue either will do! Don't feel hopeless im sure once you talk and OH heres your reasoning he will come around. :dust:

Thanks. I will attempt to DTD with him tonight if I can stay awake long enough till he gets home from work. If he pulls out again - I will need to talk to him. Will let you know what happens............

Hey

He doesn't want to have kids for another 1-2 years :cry:
Says we're not financially stable enough and have a poor foundation and he doesn't want to scrape by, but wants me to be able to have a relaxed pregnancy and plenty of time off work as needed rather than working right up till the birth and going back to work straight away.
Also asked what will happen if I go into labour prematurely as mentioned before we're a 4hr drive from the hospital.
I feel shattered. I've already ignored my feelings for a year, I don't know how I'll get through another 1-2 years of feeling like this. He asked me to describe feeling broody, he couldn't understand. How do you explain that?

I asked if we could least review it next year and he agreed, but still...........
here's me with all my pregnancy and ovulation tests at the ready, charting my temps etc
I sat yesterday when he'd gone out and just cried and cried in bed, it hurt so much :cry:

We DTD this morning and he didn't pull out. I'm not sure if he's assuming I've went back onto my pill already (which I've not)
So.....who knows......

I know money is important but to me, family, love and all these non-material things are more important.

Oh Cerena, that must have been hard :hugs: i don't really know what to say, i know that overwhelming feeling of wanting to be a mum so bad and it really does consume every thought and being of your body. DH and i talked for about a year before our wedding about trying and he was always very much against it at first because of all the same reasons. it wasn't until after we bought our house and he had finished his builders license that he felt comfortable to start ttc. Even when we did start i don't think he thought it would happen so soon and he was very shocked to hear that i was pregnant and very worried but he quickly warmed up to it, so im sure if you do get a :bfp: this cycle he will be overjoyed after the inital shock. goodluck fxed you get the outcome you want.

Hmmph - majorly confused! We DTD again this morning and once again, he didn't pull out **scratches head**
I got a positive result on my ovulation test this morning (well I think it's positive) and FF is telling me I'm very fertile. Today is CD13

Dunno what to make of it all! Do you think he's kind of changed his mind? If he was so against me getting pregnant right now - surely he would wear a condom or make sure I'm back on my pill? Or at least keep pulling out?

I feel guilty for lying with my legs in the air while he was getting showered :blush:

It kinda seems like he has :) surely he would ask about the pill or use protection of some form if he hadn't. maybe his mind frame is just NTNP and yours is TTC. But i often think thats what most mens mind frames are. We both would have been laying with our legs in the air this morning lol i still havn't got my positive opk :( hopefully when i test today i will FXed. If i don't OV this month i will be so disappointed. :dust: Don't feel guilty its natural to want a baby.

Aah who knows. I guess only time will tell! I had a dip in my temp today, now I don't know much about temping but if I remember correctly, it dips before it climbs during ovulation?
If it does, I'm grateful that my cycle seems to be quite normal on just 1st cycle off the pill. If I O tomorrow, that will be day 14.

I did take the test first thing this morning before realising it tells you to test after 10am as you may get a false positive?
I took a photo anyhow...........

https://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae352/Cerise1985/014-6.jpg

thats a definite positive so maybe test again later this afternoon... thats great to have a normal cycle first month of BC yay good luck

Tested today and got a strong positive. On CD14 - how perfect!
Was going to DTD tonight but I'm knackered after a huge night out last night. Anyway we did it yesterday and the day or two before so that should be ok - especially as I read that DTD a few days before ovulation can help conceive a girl :)

How is everyone else going?

Hi, not sure how im going, been having a bad weekend with missing my DS :cry: My sister is being induced next week and i think it is just making things a lot harder atm. on the TTC front tho, its also unsure!! i took opks all week till saturday and still no positive but i had EWCM on sunday but my temp rose sat night i think im a little all over the shop... maybe with having a bad wkend it messed my cycle up a little. DH and i :sex: on friday morning, Saturday lunch and Sunday afternoon so i think we covered all our bases. i still have raised temp yesterday and today so i hope i OV just wait and see i guess. I HATE THE 2ww!!! :growlmad: i just want to have some happy news!!! :dust:

:hi:

5DPO according to FF. I've had dull cramps all day, far too early for AF obviously. I'm wondering if FF has miscalculated and it's ovulation pains (but I tested positive 5 days ago?) My nipples have been a bit tingly but that's all really. Oh, and I checked my temp when I got home, it was only 35.5c (95.9f) that's my lowest temp yet?!
Been googling it all like mad of course but I'm sure it's all in my head :blush:

How are you going? x

I went to the doctors this week re my insomnia and while I was there asked about stopping the pill and TTC - she said there is evidence to say that we're actually more fertile coming off the pill for a short period of time. Fingers crossed!

yay thats good news about coming off! i have also had af like cramps since 3dpo on and off the most yesterday being 5dpo so maybe its normal but hopefully its a sign!!! every single symptom my ticker tells me i have had even the vivid dreams??? temp is weird maybe implantation dip tho?? have a look at the other ff charts with an implantation dip maybe they are alike. good luck :dust: keep me posted!

Hey,

Name is Amy and TTC baby #1
Would be really awesome if I could have a TTC buddy to talk to about.
All my friends are either single or not ready for the whole TTC.
But there is my sister in law who had my niece nearly 5 months ago. But they had been trying for nearly 4 years.

My niece is a little cutie!
I was ready for kids before she came along but since I found out that i was going to be an aunty, my mind has been going wild with wanting to TTC..

Me and my fiancee were over the moon when we discovered that we both wanted to conceive. So here I am. looking for a buddy who is in a similar boat as me and just started trying for baby #1 after just coming off the pill.

Hope to hear soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->