Anyone in my boat?? Feeling a bit alone...

pinkpassion

3dd/5inHeaven/familycomplete
Reaction score
After my 4th miscarriage I've now been told to wait to ttc until testing can be done.. my testing is being done on September 1st, I'm having tons of blood work for recurrent miscarriage and possibly a camera in my uterus looking for abnormalities and possibly surgical correction if something is found, but if all of those things come back fine I have to see a reproductive endocrinologist !!!
I have one healthy 13 month old dd, her pregnancy was pretty uneventful !!!
I'm just feeling a bit lonely in this waiting game.:cry:

Hi Pinkpassion,

Didn't want to read and run, unfortunately no advice but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for your appointment on the 1st September. I imagine it's a really difficult time at the moment whilst your waiting, but try and stay positive xx

Thank you Mrs P!!! It is difficult but I'm just hoping for answers!!!!

I don't have any experience with that but I feel for you! I'm sure the waiting and unknown are especially difficult. Fingers crossed everything improves for you soon!

hope your ok and your tests go well, dont give up hope :flower:

I don't have any experience in what you're going through but I'm really sorry and I hope you get definitive answers in September!

Thank you all. The waiting is the hardest part.. we wanted our kids close together and I just feel too much time is passing since dd is going on 14 months and we can't even start trying again yet!

What are you ladies doing to pass the time?

Not sure what everyone else is doing but I've completely immersed myself in everything baby related.

As this is number 1 for my and OH research into every aspect is fair game. I'm trying to focus myself on the preconception side of things (health and diet for me)but my mind, and googling is defiantly wondering onto nursery furniture and décor :blush:

After my 4th miscarriage I've now been told to wait to ttc until testing can be done.. my testing is being done on September 1st, I'm having tons of blood work for recurrent miscarriage and possibly a camera in my uterus looking for abnormalities and possibly surgical correction if something is found, but if all of those things come back fine I have to see a reproductive endocrinologist !!!
I have one healthy 13 month old dd, her pregnancy was pretty uneventful !!!
I'm just feeling a bit lonely in this waiting game.:cry:

Me, too. I just had my second miscarriage in a row. Doc told me NOT to TTC this August and probably September, too. I'm going in for testing September 17. He said my progesterone is low and he wants my body to return to normal before we start any more testing or hormone therapy.

I'm kind of upset because I don't really want to wait any amount of time to try again. We are currently trying for #1, so the wait is very hard.

On the other hand, I suppose it probably would be best if I resolved any health problems before bringing a baby into the situation again and possibly getting hurt all over again. SIGH

I also just switched doctors, so I'm also happy just for the simple fact that he WANTS to do testing on my situation. My prior OBGYN just seemed unconcerned with my pregnancies and never tested my hormones until a miscarriage had already taken place. After that, they said "try again in two months. Call if you get pregnant...but not too soon...no need to rush to the phone." WTF? Glad I have a doctor who cares about my fertility now.

Unicorn, you sound just like me....
My first 3 miscarriages were before my dd.. I begged for testing and my dr was not compassionate, didnt care and wouldn't do any.. when I got pregnant with dd she put me on progesterone only because I was pestering them so much.. I had some issues during dd's pregnancy that they never took seriously....
When I got pregnant again with my last pregnancy I kept asking my dr for different things (progesterone , blood work) and always felt like am inconvenience .. the final straw was I called because I thought I had an infection and the nurse could care less, told me if I was that concerned to go to the er... I had had enough so I called another ob, who I truly believe God led me to.. she has been amazing.. met with me and dh for an hour and talked to us about so much, she said we should have had all the testing after the third miscarriage .. but since I was currently pregnant we couldn't do any testing.. she increased my progesterone.. she offered scans as often as once a week for my sanity, and she was truly concerned.. when we found out the heart stopped she was the most compassionate I'd ever seen a dr be, she helped me a lot and vowed to get to the bottom of this with any and all testing until we get an answer..
I'm so thankful for her and glad we can do testing and hopefully get answers but I hate the waiting !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->