Anyone into writing?

marley2580

Reaction score
I'm currently trying to write a book for 8-10 year olds about a murder and the boy that lives next door to it. I'm only on my initial thoughts atm and have got as far as chapter 3, but I am determined to finish it.

Anyone else writing?

Good luck with your book. I actually write quite a bit but I almost never show it to anyone. I'm an English major so I actually write essays alot but only teachers and a few people see them. :winkwink:

I guess I'm a professional writer?
I write lots of educational programming, signage, voice overs, theatre scripts, etc. Nothing published, but nothing submitted for publishing, either. Lots performed, though! :)

I have an embryonic kids' story and an embryonic kids' play simmering around. Need that spark to get them going. I feel like I almost need a class or a group or something. A deadline of sorts so that I make myself focus and produce something!

I do on my spare time. I'm becoming more serious about it. Im a closet writer too. I rarely show anyone my work.

I write a lot, I actually belong to a group on my old campus called Writer's Guild it is an awesome place, we don't critique we just encourage, plus it's where I met my missus :blush:

I'm trying to start writing a romance novel :blush: I dunno why I just want to see what happened :haha:

I also write lesson plan for both public school and home school, which may cause me to pull my hair out as TN is revising their state standards AGAIN ](*,)

That's great Ein! My dh keeps encouraging me to join a group, but im totally slacking. I had a recruiter tell me it's b/c Im afraid of failure. Blah I took a critique class in undergrad. It was a very good group. Some of the other writers were brilliant. I did alright myself I believe.

cool! I love paranoroma. I've just started to read more in the genre. When and where does your book release? I see fall on your page, but no specifics. PM me if you'd like. The tag seems very interesting.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE WRITING!!
Barely have the time to anymore...but I take whatever chance I get ;)

I want to write a book(s)- non-fiction probably on spirituality and things like overcoming rejection, ego, etc.

I used to write non-stop but about 6-7 years ago I stopped and haven't been able to start again :nope:

I really want to write kids books...and illustrate them, but I have no ideas worth sticking with atm!

Hello fellow writers! :coffee: I'm hoping to resurrect this thread. Who's with me??

Also, anyone planning on trying https://www.nanowrimo.org this year?

Lol! Let's get a topic going.

What is your primary challenge with writing right now?

Good topic :thumbup:

Self doubt and being overly critical of myself! Biggest stumbling block, even more so than carving out quiet time to write. I find that I talk myself out of writing because I don't think it'll be any good. :dohh:

How about you?

I'm here! :)

Excellent response to the question, hakuna - describes me exactly!

I think I may try nanowrimo! I picked up the novel writing workbook that they put out. Just not sure which story idea to focus on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->