Anyone is/have/going to have stay at home dads?

S

sparkswillfly

I was just wondering if anyones partner or yourself if your male is going to be a stay at home dad?

My partners going to be staying at home when I go back to work and I really dont know how hes going to cope. I cant imagine him doing any housework at all! Which is fine I can do that. I dont know how I will cope with being at work all the time. I might feel really left out.

Hello,

Some close friends of mine had their first baby almost 2 years ago and after her maternity leave was up it was the OH who stayed at home with the baby...he has become a very happy "house husband" and she is delighted to have the freedom to work and yet have a lovely family waiting for her at home.

I know when she was first getting ready to go back to work she had very mixed feelings (including worries about feeling left out) about whether they had made the right decision but with a little time their family is fuctioning beautifully and all parties are very happy. Oh and he has become quite accomplished at the house work too!

Last week the mummy in this pair had a few days off work and enjoyed some alone time with her little boy but at the end of it when her OH said "so, do you fancy swapping roles and being at home full time?" she said "Not a chance, I'm shattered already!"

Lxx

My hubby will be staying at home. He's able to do his job from home and his hours/position are very flexible, so it makes sense that he looks after the baby. Plus I'm the higher earner, so we're better off on my salary than his.

I dunno how he's gonna fare with house work, cooking etc...but I'm confident that once he gets into a routine he'll be fine! He's a very determined and capable man and I love him for it!

My hubby is going to be a stay-at-home daddy too, and I'll be going back to work full time. I'm looking forward to it - I don't feel like I'll miss out on as much if Peanut is home with him all day as opposed to at a childminder's. It makes me feel better about having to go back to work.

I know hubby will cope wonderfully with everything, too.

Ill be working shifts so hopefully Ill have a few days a week with her.

I'd love mine to be a stay at home dad, unfortunately he isn't though :(

When I go back to work in July, my DH will be staying at home to look after Jay. I absolutely love being with Jay full time at the mo, but I also love my job and have always been really focussed on my career.

This way I get to do the job I really enjoy knowing that Jay is getting the best possible care from his daddy :D and my DH is looking forward to being a stay at home dad too.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"