Anyone Keeping their Placenta?

zBaby

Reaction score
My OH wants to keep my placenta

I just dont know what one does with a placenta?

heelp?

You could encapsulate it and take it or plant it with a tree.

I'll be keeping mine and having a smoothie straight after birth. If I decide not to lotus birth I'll encapsulate it, if I do lotus birth we will bury it or I quite like the idea of drying it, grinding it into a powder and having our friend (who is an amazing artist) mix it with paint and doing baby a canvas

I'm encapsulating mine, but you could plant it under a baby tree or make a print! or just stick it in the freezer until you decide what to do with it!

I encapsulated mine :)

Next time I'm going to encapsulate again, but I'm also going to have my MW make me a smoothie right after birth. You just put a little piece of fresh placenta in with some yogurt and fruit (or even ice cream).

That's wonderful that he's excited about keeping it, even if you don't quite know what to do with it yet! My husband knows I want to do encapsulation and have a smoothie and he supports that, but he is sqeamish so I know he is still kinda horrified at the thought of it all. He said he's happy with anything I want as long as we don't talk about it too much. lol

why would you eat it? I'm confused

https://placentabenefits.info/articles.asp

Im considering encapsulating mine, and having a tincture made.
Im worried about the "baby blues" Or PPD, and your placenta is supposed to be a natural cure for this.

why would you eat it? I'm confused

I'm guessing this is a MW-only thing? ...doctors won't preserve it, will they?

I see an OBGYN, so i plan on hiring a midwife to do it for me.
Its going to cost us about 250$ but i REALLY believe its going to be worth it!
I still have to check with my hospital to see if they will allow me to take it home, I hope they do!

In Bali, where I live everyone takes the placenta home to bury in the garden as the placenta is said to hold the sort of spiritual twin or protector that everyone has with them in the womb. My daughter's placenta is in front of our house with a lovely pandan plant growing over it. Thankfully, it's not traditional to make smoothies out of it. I don't think I could...

In Bali, where I live everyone takes the placenta home to bury in the garden as the placenta is said to hold the sort of spiritual twin or protector that everyone has with them in the womb. My daughter's placenta is in front of our house with a lovely pandan plant growing over it. Thankfully, it's not traditional to make smoothies out of it. I don't think I could...

Thats beautiful :)
we live in an apartment with no lawn, :(
or else we would bury it and plant a tree

What happens to the placenta if it's not taken home? Does anyone know? I've always wondered.

I thought it might. What a waste!

Huge waste!
I wasnt sure about the whole "keeping the placenta" thing, but once i found out that they incinerate it....
Idk, i just feel like i Have to keep it,
and if i dont then i know i will regret it.:shrug:

Yeah I know what you mean! It just feels such a special thing to just throw away. Will definitely be considering my options.

Why would anyone want to eat the placenta? Doesnt sound appetizing. th sounds kind of strange, but im going to donate mine to the stem cell reasearch.

Why would anyone want to eat the placenta? Doesnt sound appetizing. th sounds kind of strange, but im going to donate mine to the stem cell reasearch.

Its not meant to be appetizing...
Just google "benefits of placenta encapsulation"

I had always thought that eating it was "gross"
But i have quickly changed my mind after doing some research.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->