Anyone Keeping their Placenta?

Why would anyone want to eat the placenta? Doesnt sound appetizing. th sounds kind of strange, but im going to donate mine to the stem cell reasearch.

Benifits of placenta consumption

~ High levels of iron (your iron levels goes way down after birth)
~ Contains the hormones in high levels that were present at birth. These hormones are the feel good, love and bonding hormones that help to decrease the chances of Postpartum Mood Disorders
~ Increases lactation
~ Helps with lochia (the postpartum blood)
~ Helps your uterus go back to standard size

We are pretty much the only mammals that do not consume their placentas after birth. All alother mammals, wild and domestic, will eat the placentas after birth to gain energy as well as protection. Baby blues is not a common thing in other mammals or cultures of humans were placenta comsumption is common, you also don't find low milk supply in these mammals or cultures.

ALL other mammals eat their placenta? I've never seen a cow or horse do this... I thought it was only a carnivore thing. I know dogs and cats do, but I've never seen the barnyard animals do it. I could be wrong? Anyone ever witness this?

Yeah I'm pretty sure they do? I'll have a little google.

Yeah herbivorous do:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placentophagy

Wow, $250 for encapsulation is really expensive when you can do it yourself for basically free.

You can get DIY kits online for around 85 Pounds and here is one place that offers that service:

https://www.koalatherapies.com/placenta_services.html

However, you can use an oven on very low to dehydrate the placenta then grind up the placenta with a mortar and pestle then place into capsules. You only need to pay the cost of the capsules. A few of my friends husbands have done this for their wives and they said it was easy but a bit fiddly and time consuming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->