Anyone know a good migrane cure??

kelzyboo

Angel mummy and PAL
Reaction score
:flower: I've never been in this section before so please be kind x

Ok, i've had a monster migrane for 3 weeks now. Its constant and no amount of painkillers are shifting it, believe me i've tried. I'm also getting a strange whooshing noise in my head when its really bad, kinda like the noise a skipping rope makes when you wizz it around quickly? Thats new, i've had migrane for years but that noise is new, its like a noise you can feel in your head iykwim, anyone else had that??

My migranes are stress releated and i obviously know whats causing this one to last longer than i've ever had before, but theres no way of relieving the heartache and stress i feel so i'm looking for a way to get rid of the migrane without stress releif. I'm not really making much sense am i?

Does anyone have a 'miracle cure' or something that works for them that i could try out, i'm getting pretty desperate now, things are difficult enough right now without my head splitting in two. *I also have visual disturbance with my migranes, i have for years*

Thankyou in advance xx

I was ganna say caffeine but when i read about your migraines i doubt caffeine is enough... Have you gone to a doctor? they will give you a prescription...
I have heard that caffeine mixed with pain killers works
I also heard hormones can have alot to do with migraines so if/when you go to a doctor ask about that

Do you mean a caffine pill?

I've never tried that, i have all the painkillers that they suggest for migrane and they're not touching it, i've used cocodamol, codiene, paramol....virtually everything going. I've even tried diazipam (prescribed for a slipped disc) because i know they send me to sleep for a bit. Doesn't work.

I know i'll have to go back to the doctor, i've had the preventative meds before, years ago, i'm just not sure they'll work if no other medications do?

Arrrrgh, could just do with getting rid of it for a day or so!! I was looking into acupuncture but dunno if it works and its damn expensive, don't want to waste money if its not going to help me!

Thanks for your suggestion, i'll look into caffine tablets, they're worth a try x

Well i was referring to any kind of drinks with caffeine the tablets can work too

as for acupuncture, i never have done that but my aunt did. She had "tumors" in her uterus and they caused her to have cramps 24/7 and she had to wait a couple months to get surgery
Anyway
she did acupuncture and she said it got rid of her pain (only for a week or so but it worked)

Thats interesting, might give it a go then see if it works, i've heard mixed reviews of acupuncture which is why i wasn't so sure.

I've been drinking tea if that counts? Other than that i only drink water really, will look into caffine tablets or high caffine drinks like red bull, that could work

Thanks again for the advice x

My husband went to a Traditional Chinese Doctor. Chinese herbs plus acupunture made a huge difference in his overall health. He no longer suffers from migranes. He also added Dr. Schuzle Superfood (nasty, but amazing) to his diet.

Wish I knew too hun,Ive been to a neurologist and still no answers.Ive just started on Topiramate tablets as a preventitive 2 x a day and sumatriptan injections when I have an attack.Previously I was on Propanolol as a preventitive but they weren't really working for me.Solpadol used to work for me to an extent but not so much anymore,I really do sympathise with you x

Honestly - acupuncture!

Some people aren't too sure because there can be mixed reviews & some people are nervous of having it.

But I've had it myself for various things, not sleeping, migraines and just normal bad headaches, and every time It's worked for me.

The procedure itself doesn't hurt one bit, occasionally there's a slight dull sensation/pressure but it depends where the needle is.

I'd defo recommend it!!

Solpadiene soluble are amazing. They've got codeine and caffeine in them, and work really really quickly because they're soluble.

I've tried tramadol, i have quite a supply but they don't seem to help me x
I have done pretty much everything but accupuncture right now and its not shifting at all, i think a trip back to the doctors is in order, i was told years ago i needed an MRI scan but i never went back, i was scared of the MRI so i put up with the attacks but it seems to be one long attack and i can't take it anymore. Not scared of the MRI now i had one last year when i slipped a disc in my neck.

Going to look into acupuncture too though as i have a new symptom, hearing loss in my right ear, doesn't feel sore like an infection just numb on the inside, i guess it could be blocked but its better if i see a doctor and get checked. Its gone on too long now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->