Anyone know a Micah "in real life"? how unusual do you find it?

AngelofTroy

Reaction score
My son is called Micah, I love his name and we're very happy with it. I like that it's not too popular. However, everyone comments on how unusual it is and that they've never heard it, did we make it up, is it a foreign name, or they think it's 'Mike' or 'Mika' etc etc. I really don't mind, but I'm a little surprised how unusual people find it. It's a biblical name, there's a footballer for England called Micah, a kid on 'Heroes' was named Micah.

So, I guess I'm asking out of curiosity, how unusual is the name where you live and do you know any?

I dont know anyone. How is it prononuced i read it like mick-car.

I dont find it unusual either. My lb is oscar and i only know of 1 other but hes maybe 4 years older

I know of 2 boys named Micah. Unusual, but not unheard of
Nice name :)

I'm in the us and only know 2 micahs. so id say it's not too popular around here

I dont find it unusual either. My lb is oscar and i only know of 1 other but hes maybe 4 years older

It's pronounced "my-kuh" or "Mike-uh"

I know of a few with the same spelling. It doesn't seem unusual to me at all. :)

I know plenty of Micah's! Some are in their 20's and some are little babies, it's a really nice name. Too religious for me to consider as a name, though.

I have a cousin named Micah and I know another little boy named Micah but its not too common. A really great name!

I know of a few Micahs! Though one actually pronounces it "Mee-kuh".

I guess it depends where you live. I'm not sure if I've known one in real life, but it's definitely a name I've heard many times, probably on TV. I think there was one in one of the schools I went to as a kid too. I went to quite a few schools, so it's kind of a blur. I think it's a really nice name though. I actually prefer the sound of it compared to Michael.

I live in Canada and have heard the name Micah before, and I honestly never gave it a thought of being "unusual". There was a guy a couple years younger then me, who lived down the street from my grandparents with that name... He's the only Micah I can think of, but I still don't see it as a "strange" name.

That said I do think depending on where you are from names can vary drastically, for instance my husbands name is Geno (some spell it Gino), it's normally a Italian name. Well we live on the east coast of Canada, there is ZERO Italian culture here (he was named after his grand father Eugene, but they didn't want to actually use the name Eugene so they shortened it to Geno), so here where we are, everyone thinks Geno is one of the craziest and unique names ever... Now go to Jersey, or Italy and I'm sure it would be a different story!
Don't listen to anyone else anyways, if you like it, use it!

I live in the US and know two Michas. Both are adults in their late 20s.

I don't find it unusual or strange in a weird way...I find it unusual as in not popular

I've known a few Micahs! Great name, familiar to people yet unique! I also knew a girl named Meike, same pronunciation, which is a lot more unusual...

I have a male cousin named Micah and also a friend with a little girl named Micah. I guess it can go either way!

It's pronounced "my-kuh" or "Mike-uh"

but so is Mika which is why I was confused by the OP post lol

I pronounce Mika like "me-kah". It looks Japanese to me, and that's the Japanese pronunciation.

I live in the U.S. and have not heard of or met any Micah's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->