Anyone know anything about Ambien? (kinda TMI)

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm really worried about my husband. His doctor just prescribed him Ambien a few days ago, and hes taken it 3 times. The last time he took it, he had a beer or two before, and fell asleep fine and stayed asleep all night. Tonight, he had 2 beers with and after dinner. A few hours later (around 10 pm here) he took the Ambien and went to lay down. I went to my sisters who lives right near us to watch Big Brother with her, since I cant sleep at night anyway. Probably not even 20 mins later, he called me and said he had been throwing up, and wanted me to come home and help him. I got home, and he had vomited from out bed, to the bathroom, all over the bathroom, and tons in the bathtub. It looked bad, but he said he was feeling a bit better. Then he got sick again. I had him sit on the carpeted part of our bathroom, with a bucket and cold washcloth on his neck. He was doing ok for a few mins, then started to heave again and threw up in the bathtub again. I noticed some dark brown in his vomit, and he hadn't eaten anything dark. I made him sit against the wall back on the carpeted part, and told him if he could keep down some water, I would give him 2 crackers and my nausea meds for HG. I proceeded to clean the bathroom, mopped, and cleaned the walls and carpet. He had vomited on himself, so I asked him to try and stand up and get undressed so I could rinse him off in the shower, and as soon as he tried to get up, he started vomiting again, all dark brown, and like coffee grounds. (They told me to look out for this when I'm vomiting due to HG). Then he heaved a little, and almost pure blood started coming out. I called the hospital, and they recommended we come in, but he is so stubborn, he wont listen. I have him partially lying on the couch now, and he hasn't gotten sick since, but I'm worried. I read a couple of things about mixing any alcohol with Ambien can cause comas! (googled it) I almost wanna just put him in the car and take him, but I'm worried too, since I took my own meds and am not supposed to drive on them, and when I took his temp, I took my own just cause, and I have a temp on 101.3. I took Tylenol to bring my own down, and he was ok with temps.

Anyway, sorry for going on... Just wondering if anyone has taken Ambien or has any advice? For now, if he wont go to the hospital, I'm just going to be waking him up once an hour to make sure he is ok. Thanks in advance. =)

perhaps calling an ambulance is the best idea for u! Definately worth getting checked out!

my dh takes it i will ask him to have a look at this thread, my instinct says u should not be drinking with it tho

Sounds like he has a bleeding ulcer, get him to the hospital.

I would definitely get him to the hospital! It could be the mixture of the beer and Ambien, or it could be just the flu that has been going around, but better safe than sorry!

Thanks girls. He was ridiculously stubborn last night, and would not go to the hospital. But he seems ok. He's still not himself today, but he hasn't gotten sick since last night. I asked him to make a doctors appt for himself, to find out about an ulcer. I had one once that was originally caused from stress and it was AWFUL. Thanks for your advice tho ladies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->