Anyone know anything about temporary accomadation and the council

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
A friend of mine lived in borough A for 20 years has family there grew up there etc but after getting pregnant she had certain problems with her family and moved to live with a relative in brough b after being there for more than 6 months she went to the council to apply for housing they have accepted her homeless and have offered her a temporary accomadation a flat, but now she no longer wants to be in the brough b as she feels lonely with one child and her relative has moved away, she wants to go back to brough A as she now gets along with her family and needs help as a single mother, would it be possible for the council from brough b to refer her back to the brough she was previously in and from there she would just go on the waiting list from her mothers home?

I have no idea how this stuff works, thanks

I have no idea, but if not, there is always the option of a council house swap once she gets into a house/flat that isnt temporary.

I think it's best she speaks to the council, can't seem to find anything other than having local connection on shelter, it's a confusing situation but she might not get a council property for a few years

Yeah its probably best. Or maybe even a housing association. I know some take into account ties to the local area even if people dont live there at the time.

Different areas have different policies on this type of thing so its best to ask the councils involved; also going to the citizens advice beareau in that area may be an idea. xx

Yeah probably worth getting some legal advise, thanks x

Im in the same situation. If she applies to the other council, the one she wants to live in then they will accept her if she has a local connection

Yeah she thought of doing that but what if they say you already have a home in another bourough? Or say she made herself intentionally homeless? x

I agree with the others, it would probablly be better to go and speak to a housing officer from her local council and the one she wants to move too.

Here I don't think they let you go straight on the list anymore whether or not you have a local connection, you actually have to live here for a certain amount of time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->