Anyone know anything about TVs?

pinkpolkadot

Reaction score
So my dad has just bought us a lovley plasma tv for Christmas. I think we are very lucky but DH is sooo fussy about his man gadgets and thinks the pic quality is poor. TBH I have never thought much of the pic quality on these big screens but thought it was down to pics being stretched so much that they degraded.

He has put a dvd on which looked sharper and some progs look better than others so I don't think the TV is to blame, rather the input, but I do not know enough to argue the point! Would it look better with a HD channel (we can't currently access one but tv is hd ready?)

Can anyone help pls? Anyone know how this works?

Cheers :flower:

HD is designed to be used on the big tvs. we cant notice the difference on our 32 inch but can on the 50inch. xx

You may be sitting too close. Anything over a 32inch and you need to be sitting the far side of the room. Have a look in an electrical shop at the huge ones to see what I mean.

DVDs in blueray will show much better than a normal one ar your TV will display HD, so have a look at what DVDs show the better picture.

Beyond that tell OH to man up and be more grateful for a lovely pressie lol

I would suggest HD tv, you still only get certain channels that are HD but they're pretty awesome quality. We have a plasma that is 7 yrs old and a LCD that is new, both 42 inch. The LCD is far more superior but not sure if that's because of tge age??

We have LCD and compared to PLasma, there is a difference.

But if you don't really notice then i would think it's fine.

Men and their toys eh :roll:

:xmas13:

V xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back