Anyone know much about store credit?

Barbles

Mum to 1 & cooking 1 more
Reaction score
Basicaly we couldnt get any & not sure why.

OH has a good job which is steady, we only have one small loan of which we have never missed a payment, OH had a few loans before but never missed payments & now have paid them all off & according to Experian he has a perfect credit score.

The only things that maybe go against us is that we are not home owners & have 2 dependents.

Anyone have any ideas?

have you recently moved?not being on the electrol roll could influence it.xx

Nope lived here nearly 8 years and on the electorial role. Looked up 'why cant we get credit' lol and all the things they suggest is what we do and have anyways.
We were after an Argos card as we are moving in a month and wanted a new fridge and table and chairs, no dice with them.

could the people at your address before you have had bad credit?

^^doesntgo by address anymore goes by person.

I can tell you why:

You credit score is TOO perfect. Stores make money from the interest gained on card by people not paying it on time. If youv got a perfect score rating with no mortgage then terenis nothing to base it on thus they think you won't give them money.

I worked for a big retail store so that's how I know hope iv made sense though.

it may just be that they consider you to have enough credit already

I had exactly this happen yesterday and the woman said the same as Bittersweet.

Nope lived here nearly 8 years and on the electorial role. Looked up 'why cant we get credit' lol and all the things they suggest is what we do and have anyways.
We were after an Argos card as we are moving in a month and wanted a new fridge and table and chairs, no dice with them.

Ahh for a minute I was puzzled as to why and then I see you mentioned Argos..

FOB has a really good credit score, doesnt have any outstanding bills and they wouldnt give it to him either, and my dad. Lol. But my mum, who wasnt working at the time managed to get credit. :dohh:

Argos wouldn't give me or OH credit.

Kays gave me quite a bit, very gave me some but were stingy.

Very are cheaper, but have interest on the account, so you have to order BNPL and pay within the year to get the cheaper price or pay their "take 3" payment.
Kays are a little more pricey but don't have account interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->