Anyone know the going rate for a tooth?

Freyasmum

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Freya has to have her first two baby teeth removed tomorrow.
Unfortunately the 'adult' ones have grown behind, and the baby ones are just not getting loose so will not come out by themselves.

I'm feeling kind of sad about it... "My baby's growing up" feelings, mixed with annoyance about how we're having to do it.

Any-hoo... we will have two lovely teeth ready for the tooth fairy tomorrow night. I'm just wondering what the tooth fairy will think they're worth!

its a big thing losing their teeth - i can understand your upset at her growing up.

where we live, the current rate is £2 a tooth but it differs all over! as she is having to have them removed, that usually costs a little more :S my son was on a medication that ruined his teeth (liquid sugar) and although his teeth were looked after the medicine still done alot of damage! he had 12 teeth removed at a tooth fairy cost of £20 - hope that helps :S

My big kid lost her first tooth this morning! I think the tooth fairy has left a nice shiny £2 coin under her pillow (of course I can't be sure until the morning lol) x x x

I leave £2 per tooth aswell.. I remember the days when I used to get 20p (many moons ago) haha!
I don't think it really matters what you give them though tbh.. Just give what you can afford or want to really :)
x

I am very lucky. My 7 year old son has been delighted with a shiny quarter for each of the teeth he has lost so far!

Thanks for your input ladies.

My girl was so good and brave at the dentist. One tooth came out fairly easily, but the second one proved difficult and we decided to leave it in for now. I think it was better to do that than put her off the dentist for life!

The tooth fairy left her $2 (about £1), which she was more than happy with.
Hopefully the dentist loosened the second tooth enough that we won't have to go back - at $160 a pop I'd much rather they fell out naturally.

The tooth fairy is feeling the pinch where we are and will be leaving 50p for a small tooth and £1 for a double. Given that my son doesn't get pocket money he'll think he's rich lol

Wow £2, our tooth fairy leaves about 50p and my sons made up! Lol. She doesnt work sundays here though as he found out when his tooth fell out when we werent expecting it so had no change in the house. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->