Anyone know they're having a C-section?

Ill be having a third section. First was Emergancy section at 40+15 as DD was stuck. I had 4 days of labour first and it was a hideous experience with a long recovery. I was desperate not to have another section after the awful experience but DS was back to back and estimated 10-11lb. At 12 days overdue I had the choice of induction or scheduled section so I went for the section. It was so different, great experience and recovery was miles better. I am definitely going for elective this time. Last time I spent so much time stressing about it that it's nice to know what is going to happen.

This is also our last so I am thinking of having my tubes tied. My mum did and no bad side effects but I'm going to do some more research before I decide for sure.

jjay were their weight estimates correct about your DS? They told me mid-pregnancy that I would have to have a C section because DS was measuring 95th percentile weight already. My last BPP/growth scan at 38 weeks they estimated him at 10+ lbs but he was only 8lb11oz. I still would have had to have the C section because of the poly, but I think the ultrasound weight estimates can be so bad sometimes!

He was 9lb12 so smaller than estimated but still quite a big baby he has stayed on the 98th centile since. I don't think the ultrasounds are that accurate either. I had a lot of scans as placenta previa (although it did move up later on) and then I was measuring around 10cm ahead from 30 weeks so they were checking size.

My sons head was in the 98th centile I think that should have warranted a C-section. Haha. Sorry I was being nosey and couldn't resist.

I agree about ultrasounds being inaccurate for weight. Both my daughters were said to be normal and average. Meanwhile they were big. My dd1 was born at 38 weeks weighing 8.5 pounds but that's 2 weeks early!! My second was 37 weeks 7.5 pounds. Both were estimated average 7.5 pounds at 40 weeks... So way off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->