Anyone know they're having a C-section?

WantsALittle1

Reaction score
This is baby #3, and both big sister and big brother were delivered by EMCS, so I really have no choice this time around :/

Anyone else know for sure they're having a C, and nervous at all?

Both of my C-sections were horrific in different ways :wacko: With DD it was a full-on fetal distress emergency at 31+3 with placental abruption, so the operation, recovery, and NICU experience were all traumatic.

With DS, it was an EMCS at 38+1 because I had been contracting for a month (I had polyhydramnios) and my uterus was just going haywire with constant unproductive contractions. The anesthesiologist then botched my spinal over a 30-minute period, with repeated agonizing jabs, and DS required vacuum assist to remove because of all the fluid. He suffered a cephalohematoma from the vacuum, but luckily no lasting effects from it

Yep, I had a planned cs with my daughter so this one will be planned as well.

I'm sorry your experiences were so horrific :/ I love my c section and I'm looking forward to it again!

I'm having my 3rd csection, with my 4th baby. My experience def wasn't traumatic like yours, but I had polyhydramnios with my 2nd baby and due to the excess fluid she flipped breech, back and forth a few times, which ended up in a vertical csection. Which means I'm never allowed a regular vaginal birth due to the high risk of uterine rupture:( so my 3rd baby was also a csection, and this new babe will also be a csection:( to be honest I'm more worried and nervous about this time around then the other two. Worried about complications and scar tissue.

I'm sorry to hear your experience was so traumatic!! That would be incredibly difficult!! My first baby's delivery was very difficult, and resulted in both the baby and I very ill after the delivery. Thankfully all has worked out and my babies have been healthy. Scary events though:(
When are you due? I'm due June 28th, but will likely have baby mid-June

Sadly I'm having a c section too as I also had two emergency c sections - my first was a failed forceps delivery at full dilatation and my second was supposed to be a beautiful VBAC experience but actually ended up in a crash section under general anaesthetic again at full dilatation this time for baby distress :(

So my OH won't let me attempt a VBAC again!

So sorry your experiences were so traumatic they sound so difficult.

This time I'm scared of all sorts, the scar being weaker, the risk of anterior placenta and placenta accreta, scar rupture... you mention it I'm scared of it!

Im having a section this time I had a horrible CAT A1 section with my daughter. I feel a little nervous about recovery and meting my daughters needs. However many of my friend have told me that a planned section is a whole different world from a emergency one. So i feel hopeful

So sorry to hear about all the horrible birth experiences you ladies had :-(.

I could push for a vaginal birth but am 99% sure it will be another section. I had an emergency with my first (which wasn't much of an emergency...was pretty casual really!) due to my lazy, yawning midwife sticking me on syntocinon to augment my labour when she couldn't be bothered to let me dilate because she wanted to get home. Sophie was an elective because of that, having gestational diabetes and her supposingly going to be a large baby.

I already feel a bit weird in the scar area so not sure if that is from adhesions or what.

I had emcs with #1, failed induction and fetal distress. .. #2was vbac but ended up forceps at 34 weeks.. I am requesting a c section with #3 as I have had big bleeds with both after birth so I'd rather it be in a controlled environment.... x

ashleyg that's great! I hope that this C is a good one for you and I wish I'd had a good one haha. Maybe third time's a charm and this one will be a piece of cake!

minties it definitely could be. Even though it's not visually noticeable, I think the uterus starts to swell immediately, and even the earliest pregnancy causes intestines to slow down and get gassy and bloated, and that can all push up against the scar. I have experienced the exact same thing--almost immediately my scar, uterus, and round ligaments started hurting. I'm talking at the 3-4 week mark!

jenmcn I'm due July 8th! Was your poly making you contract and giving you irritable uterus? The entire last month of my pregnancy with DS I was contracting. It was horrible :/ I'm worried about complications too. Luckily during my last C she said my scar was holding up really well and my uterus didn't look too thin. But yeah, I fear all the complications. I wish I even had the option of a VBAC but this time around they've said flat out no

Boo44 the good news is they should know well in advance where your placenta is and whether they should expect any sort of previa or other related issues. So you'll already know by delivery time and will have a procedure in place to deal with whatever the situation may be. Are you having your C with a doctor you know and trust, or is it a good one? A friend of mine is on her 5th C-section and to her, she is reassured by the fact that this is the same OB who has done her high-risk C-section before. I can't wait to reach the 20-24 mark to find out where my placenta is going to be.

Nibblenic I agree. My 2nd EMCS was much more relaxed than my first, and it was a totally different experience. For one, my scar was sewn up MUCH better, and healed much better. My spinal was botched, ugh, and son needed vacuum assist, but the operation itself was just smooth and relaxed.

sopho I am hoping you have no bleeds this time. I had a big bleed with DD because of the placental abruption. I ended up having to go on venofer for two days after delivery. That was a nightmare. Did you need transfusions or venofer?

Wow that is early! I get a burning sensation from my uterus if my bladder has been really full and I pee, and also burning/ripping pain when I sneeze sometimes.

minties, oy the burning and ripping, I get that too!

Kimmie me too, this is my last one! I am actually planning on having a tubal ligation done with this one.

Is anyone else considering getting their tubes tied at their C?

minties, oy the burning and ripping, I get that too!

Kimmie me too, this is my last one! I am actually planning on having a tubal ligation done with this one.

Is anyone else considering getting their tubes tied at their C?

HUNNY! I'm getting them twist, tied, and burned at the stakes! lol:witch:

Yes me! Having my third and final csection. My first was an emergency nightmare but my second was just perfection! I'm actually looking forward to a planned one again this time xx

I'm also very seriously considering a tubal as well :)

Haha I'm the opposite although I know we're done I'm not getting sterilised I just can't bear the thought of that being that!! Maybe after a few months I'll send OH off to get sorted x

Had any of you heard that tubal ligation can cause all these hormonal problems and chronic pain? I had just assumed it was a simple operation but someone was telling me that it's better for DH to get a vasectomy than for me to get my tubes tied because there can be complication from getting tubes tied.

Not sure how much clout to give that--not sure how snipping and tying tubes would cause any sort of hormonal imbalances or chronic pain?

I'm going for another c section, my first was planned as she was breech, i know i could go for vbac this time but i know what to expect from a c section and it was so relaxed and i recovered quickly so i will be asking for another one!

I am getting another c-section. I was induced with my first an ended up with an emergency c-section after 21 hours of labor. He was stuck. His head was massive and my doctor said she would let me try a VBAC but there is a good chance I would need another section based on my experience. So I am opting for a scheduled section.

I have a feeling they may recommend a cs for me as I have significant hip problems so getting in a good position to push and maintaining it might be difficult to do for me due to reduced hip flexion. I'd like to give it a go but I wouldn't want to compromise my babies health and safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->