anyone know where i can find all the holidays celebrated etc

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
hey all long story but i am on learners association at college and we often create events and such anyways looking to see if there are any holidays i can cover which might have been over looked.....

so far i have

feb:
st valentine's day

March:
Womens' day
St patrick's day
mothers day
non-smoking day (getting people help to stop smoking if they want)

April:
easter

anyways wondering if anyone can help me out here? any holidays, day special things i might be forgetting about, sadly i missed world aids day by not knowing about it don't want this to happen again :(

so any days holidays and such from jan - jun 2012

Eid? There's one in august and I think it's October. X

25th January- Burns' Night
26th January Australia Day
23rd January- Chinese New Year (Dragon)
27th January- Holocaust Memorial Day
4th February- World Cancer Day
1st March- St David's Day

1st March- World Book day

How far through the year are you wanting to go? Let me know and I will add more for you.

thanks all i need any and all holidays from now till about the 17th june, afyer that everything is out of my control lol and we will be on holiday, pancake tuesday is good one and forgot about chinese newyear will need to see if we can set something up for that,

not sure if we will celebrate st davids day but can always put it out there they tend to do st patricks day because its an excuse to drink lol :D plus its my birthday

World aids day sadly has been and gone i like the Holocaust Memorial Day idea, because i have never seen this being done before, and its very important i think it should be as important if not more than memorial day for soliders (just my personal view) I wondered if there was a day for victims in the middle east who have been killed due to war etc never seen a day for that either which is a huge same

thank you all for looking and sharing these holidays :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"