Anyone left in limbo?

xarlenex

Reaction score
I have a 5.5cm dermoid cyst that at my last scan hadn't grown any. I have another scan 2 weeks today with my consultant and hoping for the same outcome again. I seen my midwife and local consultant after that last scan and was told in regards to my homebirth she wouldnt be happy to say anything until 38 weeks!? How can I prepare myself fully for a homebirth so last minute? And all of a sudden theres a higher risk of the cyst twisting rupturing etc. However the previous midwife said and consultant had said being pregnant actually lessens the risk of this happening because theres less space for things to move to twist. I feel like they are looking for reasons it shouldnt happen and tripping up over each other with the 'facts'.

They are also using my previous pregnancy complications for reasons to not have a home birth. I had parvo virus (slapped cheek syndrome) not dangerous at all in itself but is for a pregnant women, my son had suffered fetal hydrops and had to recieve a blood transfusion in the womb. After this he was perfectly fine, other than this my pregnancy was text book with not a single problem, my labour went well too (except it was prolonged due to contractions not regulating) Parvo virus that was a variable factor than cannot happen again!

Was wondering if anyone else has being told they'll have to wait this long to be 'allowed' a home birth?

Sorry to hear you're receiving conflicting info and feel in limbo. All I can say is it is your right to have a home birth and a decision isn't dependant on your healthcare provider. Effectively you could plan for a HB whilst being open minded to final scan outcomes. Even then you don't have to change your plans unless you or baby are at serious risk.

As for bringing up the parvovirus virus, like you say it's irrelevant to this pregnancy and an unfortunate happening. Looks like they are skittish about HB in your area maybe and trying to put women off?

Xxx

That is the impression im getting. They seem to be looking for reasons for it not to happen rather than trying to help my achieve the birth I want.

I have a 5.5cm dermoid cyst that at my last scan hadn't grown any. I have another scan 2 weeks today with my consultant and hoping for the same outcome again. I seen my midwife and local consultant after that last scan and was told in regards to my homebirth she wouldnt be happy to say anything until 38 weeks!? How can I prepare myself fully for a homebirth so last minute? And all of a sudden theres a higher risk of the cyst twisting rupturing etc. However the previous midwife said and consultant had said being pregnant actually lessens the risk of this happening because theres less space for things to move to twist. I feel like they are looking for reasons it shouldnt happen and tripping up over each other with the 'facts'.

They are also using my previous pregnancy complications for reasons to not have a home birth. I had parvo virus (slapped cheek syndrome) not dangerous at all in itself but is for a pregnant women, my son had suffered fetal hydrops and had to recieve a blood transfusion in the womb. After this he was perfectly fine, other than this my pregnancy was text book with not a single problem, my labour went well too (except it was prolonged due to contractions not regulating) Parvo virus that was a variable factor than cannot happen again!

Was wondering if anyone else has being told they'll have to wait this long to be 'allowed' a home birth?

Im with u there sister. I have a stitch put in and 'did' have a 10cm cyst which they dont no if its still there as it was not seen in my last scan. I have to wait till 36 weeks to find out if I can have it. Dont worry time will fly by for us an we'll be allowed to have it. Im only a week ahead of u.

Heres hoping! Fx'd your cyst is no longer there when they look again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->