Anyone live in Brentwood or using Queens Hospital?

Mace

Reaction score
Hiya,

I may be having another blonde moment but couldn't see any threads for my area and thought there must be some others from my neck of the woods?

I'm 37 and this is my first ever pregnancy (I had given up after various failed attempts of Clomid and IUI a few years ago).

The weird thing is that I had a feeling I was pregnant and told my OH b4 my due date.

We are both on :cloud9: and cannot wait to shout it from the rooftops (Ok, so we may have told parents, brothers sisters and my best mate - so shoot me :winkwink:

Would love to hear from anyone in the area
x

Hi Mace

I'm in Chelmsford, only up the road.
Found out the day after boxing day we were expecting. I have PCO so I don't have a 28 day cycle but Dr worked out my due date to be 30/07/10, making me 13 weeks. I had my scan on Thursday and sonographer makes me 8 weeks!!
Although I'm absolutely thrilled I'm pregnant I cant help but feel a bit miffed that I've been put back 5 weeks. My last pregnancy ended with miscarriage at 11 weeks, so prior to Thursdays scan I was overjoyed that I had gone past the '12 week critical' stage, Now I have to relive it all again and I do nothing but worry if bubba will get there.

We too have told family and close friends, you cant help your excitement can you?!!! x

Hiya Funkebump!

You poor thing - I can't believe its 5 weeks difference to what you expected! I'm trying (!) to take each day as it comes as my GP told me not to get too excited yesterday (he gave me the 1 in 4 miscarriage chat!) Myself and the OH are both quietly confident although that does not stop me checking my knicks at every opportunity! :)
My best mate lives in Chelmsford but I don't know if there is a hospital there - whats it like?

Keep ur chin up hun - I'm not too far behind you in terms of EDD so we can compare hormones and symptoms together :)
x

Hey

The comparison idea would be great! I have a couple of girlfriends that are expecting but are much much further along than I am so it would be nice to compare and natter with you about things!

The maternity hospital here is St Johns. I've not been in the maternity bit itself, only the scan department. Been told that its all going to be moved up to Broomfield hospital later this year so I may be one of the last to give birth there before it closes for good!

You cant help but be excited can you? I do try and control it and stop myself getting carried away. I'm SO tempted to shop already but have resisted the urge so far. As for checking yourself, I'm always getting my pants down to have a look haha. Always checking when I pee (sorry if TMI!!) and every twitch or niggle gets me on red alert.

Have you had any sickness or other symptoms yet?x

Hiya,

I hav enot had any sickness yet but got the shock of my life last night - I have one boob that is a lot bigger than the other - how strange is that (I just hope that doesn't happen to my bum too!).
I don't know of St Johns but have been up to Broomfield b4 (not Maternity though) - it seems ok in there hun.
I dont think I should be going to Queens but have told a white lie otherwise I'd be at a hospital in Billericay/Basildon that reknowned for being filthy! (even my GP agreed).
I'm 5+5 today and I'm getting sooo excited. I went into Mama's + Papa's with my Mum the other day and apart from bursting into tears twice, I too wanted to start buying! I'm really going to try not to though as it feels like I'd be tempting fate too much.
We went to my parents for dinner yesterday and my Mum is convinced that I'm further along than I am (because of the size of my bump) but I told her I had a podgy tum before anyway.

Take care
xxxx

Hi ladies,

I live in Hornchurch so not too far away at all. Mace I used Queens hospital for my first pregnancy and will be going there again. My daughter is also under a consultant there and they are fab and can't fault them at all.

If there is any questions you have about Queens that I could help with please ask. I know you can call up and make an appointment to view the labour ward on a Tuesday morning at its at 11am. I did it, was nice just to see the rooms and things and give you an idea. I found it made it not so scary.

xxx

Hi ladies,

I live in Hornchurch so not too far away at all. Mace I used Queens hospital for my first pregnancy and will be going there again. My daughter is also under a consultant there and they are fab and can't fault them at all.

If there is any questions you have about Queens that I could help with please ask. I know you can call up and make an appointment to view the labour ward on a Tuesday morning at its at 11am. I did it, was nice just to see the rooms and things and give you an idea. I found it made it not so scary.

xxx

Hi Mrs P,

Thanks for the message - your daughter is adorable!

As this site is 'global', I love hearing from local people. I'm sure that I will have a million questions to bombard you with nearer the time and thanks for the tip about the labour ward tour - I just told my other half and he just freaked out thinking he would have to watch loads of women giving birth birth! (bless him)

Take care
xxxx

Thanks, I think so.

haha they don't let you that far, just to the wards where you go into to be induced and the birthing pool rooms up to triage. I went with mum my hubby was working. Be warned though come the day they don't give OH's a single drop of water. My labour was 8 hours but as I was induced we'd been there since 9am he never got a cuppa until 12am! So be sure to pack him something.

You may already know this but, you know that where the scan unit is there if you walk right to the back past the waiting room there is another department bit like EPAU its not, just walk in Mon-Fri 9-5pm run by midwives if you are worried. Used it a few times with Eleanor.

Mrs P,

You are a mine of useful info! That seems to be a well kept secret about the midwife department!

Many thanks
x

Its good up there, if you don't feel right or think baby insn't moving as much, they just hook you up or get out the doppler and away you go. But as I say it is a 9-5 thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->