Anyone looking to loose body fat as opposed to weight?

choc

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've lost around 25lb over the last couple of years. I am nearly happy with what the scales say, just got to loose the few pounds I gained over Christmas! However I am not happy with what I see in the mirror. My stomach is still massive. So i am now on a mission to lose body fat as opposed to lots of weight, and gain some muscle.
I have started doing a beginners strength programme at home and am taking measurements of my stomach too!
Anyone else in the same position where weight is ok but need to turn the fat to muscle!

Yes I am with you! I've never had a lot of muscle and now that I'm not pregnant anymore I want to finally have a body that I'm really happy with...life is too short not to! So yes, I am not really looking at the scale but more at figuring out how to weight-train and do other exercises.

My problem area is more my thighs than my waist, but both could use the work. Also, even though I'm within 3-4 pounds of pre-preg weight, most of my pants don't fit just because my shape changed. So annoying!

Best wishes to you in reaching your goal.

Thanks, good to hear from someone else! Are you going to the gym or working out at home?

Sorry for not replying sooner. I wasn't sure exactly what I would do. I try to go for walks, maybe bump that up to a run soon, but it's cold here and I can't really leave the house during the day (LO is 8 weeks). I know some basic pilates exercises and I have 5 lb weights, but I'm not very disciplined about it.

I just started classes at Bar Method, it's intensive strength training using very small movements. I'm skeptical, but I went 3x and I'm quite sore. And I didn't hate it! Thinking of buying the DVD so I can do it at home, which is more realistic for me.

Are you breastfeeding? I am and sometimes I hear that helps with weight loss, sometimes I hear it actually keeps the weight on because your body wants the extra fat stores. Not that I'm trying to lose much, but I just really want to tone up and probably also have 5 lbs more to lose. It's kind of amazing how that last 5 lbs or muscle tone can make a huge difference, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->