Anyone lost the sound on iPhone?

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
Basically I can't watch bbc iplayer, YouTube videos unless I use headphones as there's no volume bar and if I try to turn it up nothing happens. When I use earphones I can listen but sometimes the sounds disappears so I take the earphones out and in again then it works.

What the hell is going on? I found about it this morning when I went on bbc iplayer, I've switched the phone on and off several times and nothing has changed.

There is sound when it rings but I've turned on the clicking sounds for when I'm typing and there's no sound of that either.

Has anyone experienced this?

Also if I try to turn the volume up whilst on the home screen the lil white dots to show the volume is going up doesn't appear

Maybe try a software restore first? Failing that it's worth baiting a Genius Bar or calling

YES! This has been driving me nuts for a couple of weeks now. Sometimes it works but mostly doesn't. It's been since I upgraded to ios7 too. Let me know if you find a solution!

Me! I tried everything... restoring the phone, plugging headphones in to see if it was still in headphone mode, went on the apple forum reading what others had done.
I went to the Apple store last week and it was £132 to fix it/new phone but lucky enough mine was replaced a few weeks back by my insurance and as it was still in the 90 days period they replaced it there and then.

If the phone is still within its 1 year warranty and the issue has not been caused by damage, Apple will replace free of charge. It's not your fault afterall.

If the phone is still within its 1 year warranty and the issue has not been caused by damage, Apple will replace free of charge. It's not your fault afterall.

Yes, it's still within its warranty, probably gonna pop into a apple store x

This happens to me loads. My old iPhone 4S got water damaged and the sound went, if I brush the charge jack lightly with a soft brush the sound comes back again, only temporarily though, it's goes off again, this has been like this for around 18 months..

App volume probably got turned down. Put the video on then push the normal volume on the side up and it should adjust the app volume.

App volume probably got turned down. Put the video on then push the normal volume on the side up and it should adjust the app volume.

This would normally be the answer but OP said
Also if I try to turn the volume up whilst on the home screen the lil white dots to show the volume is going up doesn't appear

They would appear regardless, I think

My sound has come back yesterday and has been fine since, didn't do anything to it though :)

I think it's ios7 mine is normally ok but when plugged into the charger it has started treating it as a headphone and the sound from the actual phone speaker just mutes, it is only since the latest ios7 patch this has happened. I can call when it's in charge just not use any audio or video apps which is really annoying xx

I have this problem to had it for ages. Av u got ur phone wet at all

This would normally be the answer but OP said

They would appear regardless, I think

But you wouldn't be on the home screen. You would be in the app.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/ios-7-problems/

This might help some

I haven't downloaded ios7 so they can't be the reason, anyways it hasn't happened again since :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->