Anyone make/use a baby book?

S

Serene123

I was thinking of buying one. I really want to keep a record of all those "firsts." Do you forget to mark the days though?

We got a one ourselves then one as a gift, we had good intentions but I find you're busy with your baby most of the time and writing exact dates kind of goes out the window... but you may be really good with it!

Def get one, they are fun...

Yes we have one for our 3 year old boy, and it is only about half full, I mostly didn't do so well with pasting pics into it, but managed to fill most of the dates in... I will be getting another one this time around, they are fun, and also nice to look back on.

We have one & like others you seem to forget to fill it in on that spot then distracted by something then your wondering 'when' it was. I think a scrap book is better moments on camera being more special :D Or photo album that allows you to write at the side of each photo which I have now as well as a book of 'my first bath' etc its pink and girl from Tesco matching a keepsake box got last year though! :D

By the way, if you have Facebook I have a thing called Babybook (search for it) and I tend to write some dates in there, plus you can hug and kiss them lol and leave them little messages. I am hoping Facebook will still be around when Bethanie is older so that she can read the things I have written.
I usually write dates down in a little notepad or something and get back to them at a later date or you forget and think crap when was it??

https://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=5592617049

I bought one and then were given 2 more as gifts. I had every intention of filling it out and I did for the first month when all she did is sleep, now I just cant find enough hours in a day.

I think I'll try to keep a pad with me when I remember. Doubt I'll always remember though. Would be nice to write some stuff down atleast :D

My mom made one for Colton. She does really really nice ones as she is so creative. But the ones she does are really expensive. I know she had like $150.00 spent on it, but that was a while back and she didn't have half of it done.. I imagine she has $200-$300 in it now. She has bought most of the stuff, but still doens't have it all done. :grr:

i have one and have managed to keep putting dates in so far lol

I keep notes of firsties on windows notepad and when I once will have time for it, I will get a book (possibly a plain sketch book) and will do it up myself with notes, photographs, cord stump, fingernail, curl of first hair cut etc ... (I know the cord stump is a little bit minging - but interesting ;) and I am sure she can impress her friends later on with it :rofl:)

but atm, I am still on my thank-you-cards for the presents we received from abroad :baby:

We have one, but its more of a scrapbook with pages dedicated to certain things, like on one we have his first smile then the day he started teething etc etc. And we have put in the hair from his first haircut in a little plastic sandwich bag and put it in along with a picture of before and after,just for the memories really. We also have his cord in there from when it fell off :)

I really want to get one...I'm a big ''memory freak'' and I'm quite organized so that is so for me.I heared that you use them since birth until 5 years old?Are there some more expanding?lol....

I'd make my own if I didn't know how busy I was going to be. :rofl:

I always have a dairy in my bag, so with jack i just put stuff in there and then when i had time transfer to the baby book. x

I used PowerPoint to make a pregnancy book with lots of info about how things went, classes I took, books I read, wieght gain, doctors visits, sonograms, etc. I put that in little plastic pockets in a duo-tang. I made it to look a bit like a scrapbook with pictures printed and stuff.

As for after Simon's birth, I keep writing the "firsts" and great stuff on the calendar we keep on the fridge. Then, once a month, I sit down and go through my baby book to recopy it all. I find it easy to keep doing this way.

I have seen some books that go on 'til 12 years old or so as they use each new school year as a base but expand to family as well. I think I may get that too! :)

P.S. When I do stuff on computer, I save it on a cd/dvd presuming Simon will be able to keep it for a long time this way!

I've bought one, we'll see how I do at keeping up with it :D

Yep I bought one. :D
It's a bit early to say If I will keep it up though.

I found this really cute set of cards for baby's first. That way you just fill them out as you go, and don't have empty spot is a book that didn't get filled out. I will see if I can find the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->