anyone measuring ahead with fundal height

tristansmum

Reaction score
So since 25 weeks ive been measuring ahead on the fundal height. At first 1cm, then it was 2cm. Just seen gp for antenatal check up at 34 weeks and i'm now measuring 37cm! So thats 3cm. I feel huge! I'm only tiny 5ft and Uk 8-10. The only place ive put weight on is my bump but all my maternity top i wore with my son and struggling to cover my bump now and with him i wore them to the end. Ive got another appointment on monday for my usual MW to check the size but i feel all tearful about it now. My son was an EMCS after he was found in a bad position with his head tilted and looking out to my side. The forceps couldn't turn him. I am trying for a VBAC but now doubting myself cause if its a big baby i'm worried he will get stuck again. Sorry for the moan but feeling a bit down. :-(

Oh chin up hun, fundal height measurements aren't always right, and if he is slightly bigger at the moment it doesn't mean he'll be huge when he decides to make an appearance. Opposite way around but they told me my daughter would be 5lbs because of my fundal height measurements being under but she was born a healthy 6lbs 12 xx

I've read fundal heights are an approximation so your doctor has an idea of whether or not your LO is growing properly and that they may be off by several cms. At 31 weeks I was measuring 33 cm and the time before that at 28 weeks I was measuring 28 cm.. so it really does vary.

Thanks. I know fundal height is only a guide but my bump is MASSIVE! Way bigger at this stage than with my son. I carryng all out the front too which makes it seem even larger. I'm just stressed but seeing midwife on monday for another check. If i'm still measuring big might ask for a growth scan cause i'm such a worrier i know i'm going to worry 24/7

I've tried t attach a picture

Attachments

• 537362_10200914203201182_1662866235_n.jpg
    537362_10200914203201182_1662866235_n.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 21
You could be carrying lots of fluid?

Me and my friend are due 5 days apart - both had our 24wk check on the same respective days her fundal heigh was 23cm, and mine was 26cm.

Both babies were perfect at 20 wk scan. I think they can be quite varied measurements & doesn't necessarily mean a big baby.

Perhaps if you voice your real concerns and you are doubting the ability for VBAC you could ask to be referred for a growth scan? My MW said constantly over or under the line & growth scan would be requested.

Baby and me have been measuring a week or two ahead since week 20. I'm carrying pretty high up. I'm also short (5feet) and my torso is very short as well. Dr says baby legs very long so that combination is no fun!

Ive just been for a growth scan today as Im meassuring 5cms ahead.....baby already weight an est 5lb 7oz with 8 weeks to go!!!! Ouch!

I've tried t attach a picture

I am due 4 days after you and I am huge!
25 weeks measured 25cm
28 weeks measured 29cm
31 weeks measured 32cm
34 weeks measured 36cm.

Attachments

• 34 weeks.jpg
    34 weeks.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
I went today for my weigh in. I've gained 26 pounds to date. Last week I was measuring right on track, today, two weeks ahead. I'm just hopeful that it means this baby will come before my due date.

Hang in there!

I was measuring 36cm at 33 weeks then 34 cm at 36 weeks. Anxious to see what I'll measure this week. My doctor didn't seem concerned.

I measured 31-32 weeks at 28 and my midwife sent me for a scan to measure fluid levels. My fluid level is higher than normal (hydramnios) but not hugely. This week I measured 35 but midwife not too worried as the scan showed baby is swallowing and passing water. Not seeing her again until 36 weeks.

Also I have only gained about 12 lb

I measured 5 weeks ahead, 6 weeks ahead, and at 40 weeks I was 8 weeks ahead. I gave birth to a healthy 10lb 2ozs baby by emcs x x

I'm measuring 4 cm big and they're sending me for a growth scan. I do hope that baby will come early to be honest, I don't want to push a big baby out lol!!

Big baby measures 4cm ahead whole time estimated weight 10lb and he's still in there lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->