Anyone mid thirties and TTC 1st

jwalk16

Reaction score
I am going to be 36 in a little over 2 weeks. We are TTC our 1st and probably looking like we are moving into our 5th cycle.

Hi Jwalk,
I am 35 on Wednesday (yikes) and we have been trying since October. I never thought I would start TTCing in my mid-30s but life has a habit of creeping up on you. Good luck to you xxx

Hi happyshopper,

I never thought I was going to be TTC in my mid-thirties as well. That is a list of stuff you are planning to use, huh? As for right now, I have tried pom juice, pre-seed, OPKs and just BDing. Something has got to give right? Others make this look so easy.

Tell me about it. I take about 10 tablets a day and its getting rather expensive. I've just found out that my baby sister is pregnant with her 5th child, 3 of them were conceived while she was on the pill. I'm happy for her as I adore my niece and nephews but I wonder why I cant even get close. Oh well, it will be us soon I'm sure. I have read that children born to parents in their 30s do much better at school so there are some benefits. Besides I was too young and stupid in my 20s xxx

I completely understand. My best friend has 2. She didn't have any when we became friends. She says with her second one, she conceived when on the pill. It's very frustrating. It just seems like everyone around me is getting pregnant but me. I've lost my patience.

Btw, I need a TTC buddy. Wanna buddy up?? Hopefully we'll conceive during the same month. Wouldn't that be great?! Might have to start off getting my DH tested soon although I don't think insurance will pay for it. That can get expensive too and I am trying to avoid the costly doctor visits. Have you done any testing yet?

Hi J, sorry I disappeared, I had problems with my laptop. I would love to buddy up. Where do you live? Its terrible that's is so expensive to even get a simple test. Have you thought about a home test from Amazon? I've just got one today and will try to do it in the next couple of days. It looks really complicated but my OH wont go to the doctor so its the next best thing, FX I don't mess it up. I've only had my progesterone tested and it was really good.
I see you are 12DPO. Are you hopeful this month? xxx

Hey Happy~our buddy system makes me happy. I need to start doing things that will aid me in getting to my goal...starting a family. And in the long run, I will gain some valued friendships along the way. I really need to get my mind off of TTC though. It is consuming my thoughts and taking over my body. With that being said, my DH has agreed to do an SA if we have no luck in this coming month. I believe he would be going to a doctor's office to do it despite the cost.

I started spotting today so I am thinking this cycle is out. I turn 36 on July 4th so I am hoping for the ultimate birthday gift...the beginnings of a child as I think I will be around ovulation then.

Anyways, hopefully we can get a BFP before we both go broke.

I live in the Midwest US. Ohio to be exact. A bit far from the UK but hopefully my support will reach you.

Also check your message inbox. Sending you another one there.

Hi J,
Sorry the witch got you. FX July will be both our lucky months.
It was my birthday this week so I haven't had chance to reply until now. I'm 35 so I am now officially a older TTCer. Once I got over the shock I now feel strangely relaxed, probably because I was trying my hardest to get pregnant before my birthday. Its taken the pressure off a little.
Have you been trying since you got married? I've been trying since October but it feels like much longer. xxx

The :witch: indeed got me. UGH. I am hoping with FX that July will be our month (for both of us). My DH and I have been trying since March. He wanted me on BC pills before the wedding and then agreed that I should go off them in March. We have been trying ever since. So a month before we got married, we have been trying. He really didn't want to try before we got married. I think he was afraid people would do the math if we got pregnant before and realized we were already pregnant before we were married. To me, I didn't care. I would have tried long before the wedding as I know as you get older, chances decrease. FX we are not going to have to keep trying much longer.

Oh my...I have meant to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY with each message and I push reply too quick. :cake: Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!! :flower: Hope it was a wonderful day for you. Unfortunately, my DH has to work on mine. :cry: Maybe I can get some lovin' that day to make up for it though.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :friends:

Thanks for the birthday message and the cake. It was a great day thanks. Well I had to work but I got cards and cakes so it wasn't too bad. Then my OH and I went to see the Green Lantern in 3d and a meal in the evening.
Sorry that you hubby has to work on your birthday, that's rubbish. Hopefully he will make up for it.
Do you believe in astrology? I've just worked out we are both cancerians. I never read the daily horoscopes but personalities to seem to match star signs IMO. All cancerians I've met are lovely and kind but then I am biased. xxx

Hi again,
I have 2 miniature schanuzers called Bentley and Scooter whom I adore. Bentley is my avatar photo and this is a picture of Scooter (well that's if it worked). I have also attached a picture of me and I hope you don't confuse the two lol.

I've had my 1 year old nephew around today and he was such a handful. My house is definitely not childproof. I was constantly following him around making sure he didn't try to escape. He really melts my heart but he is so wonderfully mischievous.

I don't mind at all you asking questions; it takes my mind off TTCing too. I hate waiting for something to happen.

Do you work? I'm an accountant at an ice cream factory and you can eat all the ice cream you want xxx

Attachments

• Picture July 2010 120.jpg
    Picture July 2010 120.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Picture July 2010 161.jpg
    Picture July 2010 161.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 5
Sorry it has taken me some time to reply. It was a busy weekend cleaning out our garage and then going to a festival yesterday.

Yes, I do believe in astrology as I look at my horoscopes occasionally. It does seem that a number of cancerians are kind (however, I am sure there are some that are not). I am curious about tarot card readings or any readings for that matter. Do you believe in those? I am kind of curious to know what a reading would be for me and to know if a psychic would see kids in my future. It might be a bunch of crap but it would be interesting to know.

Yes, I work as well. I am a certified medical assistant working in the insurance industry right now. I love the idea of all you can eat ice cream though. Don't suppose the medical industry and ice cream would be able to mix any time soon, huh?

I have attached 2 pictures. One of myself and one of my DH and I. Hope they come through for you.

Attachments

• jaye_wedding.jpg
    jaye_wedding.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 5
  • cruise.jpg
    cruise.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 5
Hi Jamie,
Thanks for posting your photos, its always good to put a name to a face. Your wedding dress is lovely and very classy.
Did you have a good time at the festival? Its been really hot here which makes a change but as usual rain is round the corner.
I would love to get a reading done but I don't like the idea of getting conned. Many ladies on here have had some readings from psychics on ebay but I don't know how you could even get an accurate reading. I've went to a few mediums before and none of them convinced me. If I had a good reading then I can imagine it would make feel more positive which can only be a good thing.
I'm tired of waiting for my elusive ovulation. I'm usually very regular and its getting a bit stressful. I wish it would hurry up.
Take care and I will speak to you soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->