Anyone nearing the end finding they're getting period like symptoms?

kiraelliott

Mum & due #2 :)
Reaction score
I guess it would make sense, your body is getting ready to expel something lol. But I have noticed a few things since nearing the end of pregnancy that kind of reminded me when my period was about to start.

Just started getting super greasy skin, tons of big painful spots, my nails have kickstarted growing again like..out of control! Hair's greasier, discharge has got worse and has that iron type smell to it like you're about to bleed.

Obv there's other symptoms that are pregnancy related anyways (moodiness, lalala) but I find my body fascinating sometimes n thought i'd share lol xxx

Ive been getting those pains all the time but this baby just wont shift!! lol i cant beleive im 9days over Grrrrrrr! x

Ive been getting those pains all the time but this baby just wont shift!! lol i cant beleive im 9days over Grrrrrrr! x

Gawd, I feel for you, I really do... it would wind me up, i'm totally relying on this baby to turn up on Feb 1st lol even though my due date's the 30th by scan (but 31st as agreed with midwife). Not looking forward to being induced xxx

Period pains at night, oh and does viscious PMT count? I'm evil!!! :growlmad::winkwink:

Gawd, I feel for you, I really do... it would wind me up, i'm totally relying on this baby to turn up on Feb 1st lol even though my due date's the 30th by scan (but 31st as agreed with midwife). Not looking forward to being induced xxx
I know its a pain in the ass lol! i was late with all three my 1st i was incuded 10days over nearly 12yrs ago its not nice atall.. This ones been engaged since 28weeks ive had a sweep lost my plug 2cms dilated and always getting b/h but nothing lol the head couldnt go down any further.. the midwife said the otherday i labour really well its just getting me into labour. It feels like the longest pregnancy eva.. Hope urs plays nice for u xx

I was v.ratty last night and have actually had period pains last night and the night before...kinda hoped it was early contractions but they've tailed off again now :hissy:

Yeah I had mild ones all night last night, but very very mild yet enough to make me aware of them iykwim... All I could think was "NO! I am not having this baby yet!" lol!

Yeah I've been getting period pains the last couple of days

I got my first lot of period like pains last night and couldn't help but get my hopes up, but can't say I'm filled with confidence when I read about people having these pains for weeks! They say the last few weeks are the toughest and I'm seeing why now :cry:

I got mild period like pains but they were there for a while, not going away and coming back. I mean I felt this discomfort for at least 30 min-1 hour last night, then I fell asleep, so I don't remember when they went away...

Could this be the beginning? :dust:
I am due on Sunday...

I guess it would make sense, your body is getting ready to expel something lol. But I have noticed a few things since nearing the end of pregnancy that kind of reminded me when my period was about to start.

Just started getting super greasy skin, tons of big painful spots, my nails have kickstarted growing again like..out of control! Hair's greasier, discharge has got worse and has that iron type smell to it like you're about to bleed.
Obv there's other symptoms that are pregnancy related anyways (moodiness, lalala) but I find my body fascinating sometimes n thought i'd share lol xxx

Ive defo got this and the moodiness

Im only 34 weeks and have had period like pains for almost 2 weeks now... they come and go so i kinda stopped paying attention to them. I hope for those of you who are close to the end it means something significant is happening!!

Me too, i have had period type cramps in tummy and even more so in my back for the last 1-2 weeks now. Also, noticed an increase in discharge.x

I wish i seen this before i started my thread, i have just experienced this it was like a mild contraction period pain glad its not just me who is feeling it

i was just about to start a thread like this. ive been getting these pains for 2 days now and lightning type pains. my midwife told me a week ago baby is engaged now. i have cholestasis so at risk of premature labour, but im nearly term now anyways.

i get a slight ache when i get bh but thats it!!!

I woke up with bad period pains yesterday that went on untill around lunch time and then stopped as fast as they had started :-(

No other signs of happenings at all and im due this Thursday :-( I'm soo fed up !!

I woke up with bad period pains yesterday that went on untill around lunch time and then stopped as fast as they had started :-(

No other signs of happenings at all and im due this Thursday :-( I'm soo fed up !!

:O finally. someone due on the same day as me! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->