anyone no anything about computers???????????

justmarried

mother 0f 1 ttc after vr
Reaction score
i have just wiped my entire computer:blush:............... all the accounts files folders photos the lot:saywhat:. is there anyway i can get it all back.:sad2: i dont no alot about pcs and im not even sure how i wiped it.:blush::cry:

Get a linux disc (cd or dvd) with a system on it,(you can buy magazines that have linux discs on them) and if you put the cd in your pc it starts up a operation system from which you can see your installed OS. Otherwise if it is totally gone you may have to go to a PC drive in and recover the hard drive, even if stuff is deleted it is not gone it is just not visible.

Get a linux disc (cd or dvd) with a system on it,(you can buy magazines that have linux discs on them) and if you put the cd in your pc it starts up a operation system from which you can see your installed OS. Otherwise if it is totally gone you may have to go to a PC drive in and recover the hard drive, even if stuff is deleted it is not gone it is just not visible.

thanks for your reply but whats my installed os mean and also what is a pc drive in. is it a repair shop. i no nothing about computers.

you can do a system restore - depending on what computer you have and what operating system you use but try looking in the my computer/control panel. You can restore from the date you wiped the files.

The installed os what you see when you start up your computer. many people have windows as their computer system and some have mac systems and some have linux systems .
and yes a pc drive in can be a pc repair shop that takes your pc or parts of it to see whats wrong.
If you see a magazine that has a ubuntu cd in it just pop it into the cd while the pc is starting, other wise if you arne't confident enough for that I would suggest giving it to a repair shop.

you can do a system restore - depending on what computer you have and what operating system you use but try looking in the my computer/control panel. You can restore from the date you wiped the files.

thanks tried that but it will only let me restore to a time after i deleated everything. oh man what am i going to do? think im gonna have to take it to a shop as i havent a clue about what im doing i may be doing more harm then then good. when i put the pc on it asks me to make a new account. its like iv just brought it and got it out the box.x.x.x.

I would try the thing with popping in a ubuntu cd because that lets you see whats on your computer :). Maybe you even have a friend who could do that for you :)

I would try the thing with popping in a ubuntu cd because that lets you see whats on your computer :). Maybe you even have a friend who could do that for you :)

so that cd will tell me if iv deleated everything for good! do i get that in a supermarket or computer shop. is it a blank cd or a program. do i just put it in then follow instructions. sorry for all the questions. but thanks for your help.x.x.x.

have you checked the temporary internet files ( think its on the c drive/hard disc?) not sure what the exact process is but it should be recoverable from there. The problem you may have though is that once files are deleted, they are only recoverable for so long as the disc space is noted as being usable again, so although it may not be deleted, it can be written over if you do more work/searches.

so that cd will tell me if iv deleated everything for good! do i get that in a supermarket or computer shop. is it a blank cd or a program. do i just put it in then follow instructions. sorry for all the questions. but thanks for your help.x.x.x.
Yes you get ieither online or you can get it in a newsagent, Look for a "linux" or "ubuntu " magazine which ahs a cd on it. and yes you just pop the cd in and from there it starts by itself.(put the cd in at the boot up)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->