anyone NOT interested in the Olympics?

dgirllamius

Lena's Mutter
Reaction score
I'm visiting my mum in the UK and I think I have picked the worst possible time to do so!

Every single channel on TV is plastered with the soddin' Olympics!

Fair enough there are lot of people interested in it, but what about the ones who aren't? Do these TV channels really have to ram it down our throats?

I was flicking through the channels earlier and there were TEN Olympic channels...yet they STILL move Eastenders about! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

RANT OVER!!!!!

I wasn't interested at first but I'm so excited for the opening ceremony. :haha:

I'm not happy about every channel covering it though, there's no need, plus it's all online.

HA HA I so aggree with you, I could care less really they are on!! Makes my Coranation street all messes up (Im in Canada so we are a few weeks behined the UK) Drives me crazy!

I'm completely with you on this one. I have no interest in the Olympics in the slightest....(nor Eastenders so not too bothered about that been moved lol).

I don't actually know anyone who is bothered/excited by it...might be a Southern thing? (i'm from NE)

There are no words to describe how little I care about the Olympics!

Couldn't agree more! I have no interest what so ever in the Olympics, I thought I was strange haha.

I'm not bothered in the slightest. And I'm from about 5 minutes from the stadium :haha:

living in london, it has honestly caused nothing but havoc. cant wait for it to be over

I'm not interested either, it's just a over rated sports day to me!!!

Im not either, OH is planked on the sofa though watching the opening ceremony!! NO eatenders cos of it :grr: AND taking up my time to watch something decent on the tv...but nope...the opening ceremony till 12:30 it is! :cry: so Im on here with earphone planked in my ears and everytime I walk past him or asks if he wants tea, he keeps sayin "oh look at this" "look" "ooooh" .... :grr: If I wanted to know how it was, Id watch the flippin thing!!!

RANT OVER :brat: xxx

I've never been interested in them but I got into it at the last ones so I'm not NOT interested but at the same time I'm not devastated I can't watch it. I was intrigued to see the opening ceremony though..After readng the plans for it my immediate thoughts were 'we're gonna be the laughing stock of the world' and wanted to see what they really did..But according to facebook my immediate thoughts were spot on ha x

I have to admit, due to there being nothing else on tv, and having to text OH what's going on while he's at work, I've been sucked into watching the opening ceremony.
So far there's been old fashioned farmers and horses, a flying tree, people coming out of the ground, the Queen entering to the James Bond theme tune, 100 Mary Poppins' dancing around a 50ft Voldemort, and they've managed to trash every half decent song of the last 50 years.

There were only 32 Poppins's lol
But yea, I couldn't care less also...

I'm a total Scrooge when it comes to the Olympics. DH hates this cause he's really keen on the swimming (he used to swim with many of the swimmers on tonight)
Uncomfortable viewing for him with me in the background grumbling about all the millions that could have gone to better use. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->