Anyone NOT like Twilight?

marley2580

Reaction score
I saw this last night and I honestly thought it was rubbish. The writing was awful, the acting was wooden (I've never seen a less convincing 'feeding frenzy'), and the direction actually had me shouting at the tv 'stop pointing the camera at trees!'. Needless to say I won't be watching the sequels.:sleep:

I haven't seen the film. Read all the books though and totally agree that the writing was awful.

For some reason, i enjoyed reading the books, mostly for the story itself, i quite like vampire type stories, but the writing itself is AWFUL, bad bad bad....!!

I find this hilarious ... prob just me tho, i'm easily amused!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goix7jFXD9Q

I like Twilight cos its SO bad it good if you know what I mean lol

I find this hilarious ... prob just me tho, i'm easily amused!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goix7jFXD9Q

Although i thought the books were amazing, but the film nowhere near as good - this clip is sooooooooo funny!! I love it!

How rude ;)

By the way you have to read the books to really get the movie , i watched the movie first and wasnt too impressed. Read the books and i totally got why the actors were like they were etc. and now love it!

I guess its not for all though!

Oh and why do none of the vampires have fangs? That's kind of a key aspect of vampires

Twilight is crap. It's full of terrible acting and directing! The vampires aren't proper vampires, give me True Blood any day. Now THAT'S a vampire sequel worth watching! As for that clip, saw it this afternoon and laughed my head off, loved the bit where he stops the toy car with his finger :lol:

True Blood isn't just better it's also more fun. You could tell really early on that Twilight was written by a mormon. Maybe that's why they don't have fangs, because of the symbolism of penetration and sex?

I can't stand Twilight. I liked the first book way when it came out, but the rest of the books and the movies are not good at all. :(

Twilight is crap. It's full of terrible acting and directing! The vampires aren't proper vampires, give me True Blood any day. Now THAT'S a vampire sequel worth watching! As for that clip, saw it this afternoon and laughed my head off, loved the bit where he stops the toy car with his finger :lol:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Amen, sister!

I rented Twilight on my own and it was so bad that I stopped the movie several times to call my husband at work to tell him just how incredibly bad the movie was. It was beyond appalling. No, I haven't read the books, but if they are anything like the movie, it will just be a few hours of my life that I won't get back.
True Blood, now, there's good vampire fiction. It's witty, funny, scary, and full of kick-ass actors and writers. The books are okay. Not the greatest writing, but light fun reads. The TV show rocks, though.

Just remember its fiction so anyting goes, things dont always have to be the norm ;)

Anyway ima step away from this post now , happy hating :p

I haven't watched it or read it but a girl I know used to literally 'bot' over it. She had everything to do with it and never shut up about it! We even went out for a meal one night and she took an over the shoulder bag with 'twilight' on it :shock:

So she has completely put me off it :rofl: xx

I've neither seen the Twilight films nor read the books but that was because I didn't have high hopes for it after hearing reviews and seeing clips from the films. Probably the most ridiculous thing, and the thing that really stopped me from having any interest in Twilight, is the whole vampires sparkling in the sunlight. It's just pathetic! Yes, you get day-walking vamps but they're more like Marshall in Being Human, just not really affected by the sun. Most vampires though burn really well, or at least smoulder into nothingness like the vamps on 30 Days of Night. They're evil lords of the undead- they don't blinkin' sparkle in the sun!
To be honest, I'm not as taken with True Blood as I am with the books. I think Alan Ball has made a complete hash of season 2 and I absolutely detest the portrayal of Bill and the ignorance in the writing of the script with regards to Eric's character. There's also some complete ignorance of some basic tenants of Charlaine Harris' world, which will become more obvious in season 3 from what I've heard with Sam meeting his shifter brother! I will concede that the writing in the books isn't the best and I don't actually like the character of Sookie very much but the storylines are for me more engaging. It's bad when I find that the only reason I watch True Blood now is because I like Alex Skarsgard, even though I don't like how the script and the direction has twisted his character. I have faith in Alex though as from interviews with him I gather that he understands his character, even if noone else in the production team does! True Blood does have one huge and humourous mistake in it: the Vampires' fangs are on the wrong teeth, they should be further back than they are, only one tooth but still!
I find that I prefer books to films/tv shows when it comes to vampires. That said I like the Anita Blake books, which have a tendency to read like erotica in the latter part of the series, and the Sookie Stackhouse books, which have some nice sex scenes and also are quite sympathetic to the vamps. I do like the Riley Jenson books by Ceri Arthur and the Dead Witch Walking series by Kim Harrison, which both show a less savoury side to vamps. Then, of course, there's The Historian, which is definitely more of a horror/thriller.
I think my main problem with Twilight is that I've read a lot into vampire lore and the Twilight vamps just aren't very vampiric!

If you've managed all of that then I'm impressed!
Beca :wave:

I can't stand Twilight either, but won't get into why since a) I could go on for days and b) I know how much I hate when people talk crap about Harry Potter so I won't be a hypocrite :).

I loved the video, almost died laughing when she said "a mermaid"! lol That guy in the video was pretty hot IMO.

I really enjoyed the books but the movies are really :sleep: :sleep: Really doesn't do the books justice at all. :nope:

ME! well i confess i haven't seen the films but i started reading the first book and well only got half way through before giving up, it is so simplistic and boring, i prefer something that really gets the brain ticking. Twilight is the first book i have never finished, i usually force myself to finish a book but i couldn't with this as i was soooooo bored hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->