Anyone NTNP after actually LTTTC???

Titi

Stepmom/Trying to Adopt
Reaction score
Just curious if there is anyone else in this same situation-

I need a break to save money and sanity in year FOUR of ttc #1......I've run the gamut, had a failed IVF and just can't endure focusing on something maybe not meant to be for another year.

WOuld love some new buddies.

Hey Hun,

Not in your position, but certainly ntnp and need a break from thinking about it for the past two and a half years as well. xx

yay two of us here!

Hi there,

Yes i'm in exactly the same position as you (apart from IVF).......trying for over 3 years with 2 m/c one last year and one in 2009.

Stopped actively ttc in November and now NTNP and just taking it as it comes (pardon the pun!)

OH is in the Navy, so we were wasting our precious time together worrying ourself stupid. A bit more relaxed now and just enjoying the time.

It would really drive you insane, wouldn't it? How are you feeling? :kiss:

Hi,

I'm not in the same situation but my husband left me when we were ttc two years ago and currently ntnp with my OH who is in the army and prob like your H works away tons.

Hard for things to feel stable when it is like that. Hope you're ok. xx

Hi there,

Yeah I'm cool, just enjoyed having him home for Christmas and New Year. Will see him in week or so for a weekend, so looking forward to that but totally the wrong time of the month.......so just trying to chill and not think about it.

We're not married therefore he is unaccompanied in England and I live in our house in Scotland. It's not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but I married once in the forces and it didn't work out so not doing that again!!

How long have you been NTNP??

x:kiss:x:hugs:x

Hi there,

Yes i'm in exactly the same position as you (apart from IVF).......trying for over 3 years with 2 m/c one last year and one in 2009.

Stopped actively ttc in November and now NTNP and just taking it as it comes (pardon the pun!)

OH is in the Navy, so we were wasting our precious time together worrying ourself stupid. A bit more relaxed now and just enjoying the time.

It would really drive you insane, wouldn't it? How are you feeling? :kiss:

yay for someone else stopping in! Thanks for posting! I am SOOOO so sorry about your MC. I was distraught over losing my embies-I can only imagine how hard it must be to mc. :hugs::hugs: I can see how it all could make you mad.

So OH is away for long stretches of time? How do you keep yourself occupied? I'm glad you found my friend Nic here too-she's similar to you for being away from OH a lot.

We tried naturally ttc for about 2 years. At the start of year 3 we NTNP until Sept. of this year when we got in heavy with fertility treatments-IUI/IVF etc. Just started NTNP again on start of this cycle.

Hi there,

Yeah I'm cool, just enjoyed having him home for Christmas and New Year. Will see him in week or so for a weekend, so looking forward to that but totally the wrong time of the month.......so just trying to chill and not think about it.

We're not married therefore he is unaccompanied in England and I live in our house in Scotland. It's not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but I married once in the forces and it didn't work out so not doing that again!!

How long have you been NTNP??

x:kiss:x:hugs:x

Prob about three/four months. Of those months though OH has been away for all but one! We had one shot in December but sadly it wasn't to be. Now we are relaxing until I get a permanent job.

It is hard when they are away. I have moved down to be with OH but I can see how hard army life is for the wives on camp. I'm lucky that I can get out and work.

How do you manage when he is away and with the frustration of knowing you are ready so to speak, but he isn't there?
x

Hi Titi,

I have my own life here so I just carry on day to day doing my job and bringing up my ds (12). That and my fitness regime keeps me occupied, I have a big family here too......I don't think about it too much, he has just come back to the UK after being abroad for 2.5 years so I do get to see him at least one weekend a month and then the usual leave periods (christmas, easter etc)

WoW we have said we're not going down the IVF route, I think it is just timing with us as we can conceive although both times ended in m/c....at least its a start.

I've found that if I think about things too much it is too stressful, we cant' change the fact he is in the Navy right now. So we just deal with it lol

Hi Nic,

Don't let the pads on the patch let you think they have it hard.....at least they get them home most nights! They will always moan anyway given half the chance.

As for being ready when he is away, I don't think about being it when he is away or I would surely drive myself insane. It is really hard there is no denying that but it won't be forever as he only has 1.5yr to do until his 22yr is up......so it's a means to an end right now.

Onwards and upwards ladies and the biggest bucket of :dust: to both of you.....keep in touch and let me know how things are and Nic if OH is away then give me a shout and we'll gee each other on! :hugs::hugs:

Thanks, OH is away for 12 weeks currently so that would be nice to have someone to send me a message every once in a while.

I don't speak to the wives. They don't seem interested in me because I go out of camp everyday and have my own life and job. Suits me just fine though. Can't be bothered with the bitchiness.

That's good that he is out soon. We are 6 1/2 years away from that point! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->