Anyone on 17P Injections without cerclage after prior preterm loss??

Mommy's Angel

Mommy to Angelboy 10/22/9
Reaction score
I've had two opinions from perinatologists two hours away from one another and they REFUSE to do cerclage unless my cervix length is 2cm or less. :wacko: They won't rule out incompetant cervix but say without a doubt that my loss was due to preterm labor. So they're protocal is 17P and just measuring the cervix.

I need some happy endings. I'm SO scared to wait and see.:cry: Please share your good experiences with me!

I went into PTL with my daughter at 27weeks, had her at 31weeks. So with this pregnancy I asked about the cerclage as well, thats all I knew about. But they said my issue wasnt incomp cervix, just PTL and they would monitor by ultrasound to see if I needed a cerclage, which I never needed! So they prescribed me with the progesterone shots. I started them at 16 weeks, and finished at 36 weeks. I'm 38 weeks today!! :happydance:

After having a preemie it feels really strange that I could have my baby and leave without staying in the NICU for 6 weeks. I know you said after a loss, but I thought I would share my outcome since it is positive. I'm sorry for your loss :hugs: I'm really glad the shots worked for me and I hope it works for you too!! :flower:

I went into PTL with my daughter at 27weeks, had her at 31weeks. So with this pregnancy I asked about the cerclage as well, thats all I knew about. But they said my issue wasnt incomp cervix, just PTL and they would monitor by ultrasound to see if I needed a cerclage, which I never needed! So they prescribed me with the progesterone shots. I started them at 16 weeks, and finished at 36 weeks. I'm 38 weeks today!! :happydance:

After having a preemie it feels really strange that I could have my baby and leave without staying in the NICU for 6 weeks. I know you said after a loss, but I thought I would share my outcome since it is positive. I'm sorry for your loss :hugs: I'm really glad the shots worked for me and I hope it works for you too!! :flower:

Thank you SO much for sharing. :cry: :hug: :flower: I'm glad you DIDN'T have a loss. It's hard enough to have your baby early, but I would NEVER wish anyone to go through what we did. I'm just so glad you shared your experience with me as it's giving me hope when I felt so beaten up after the second opinion said the same as you, NO cerclage. What joy it brings me to know your 38wks. I pray that I may also get that far. I'll be starting the injections wk 16 through 36.

Oh, if you knew how much hope you've given me right now.:hugs: I've been so down and scared since yesterday to the point I just wanted to call off the party this weekend to tell our family of our great news. EVERYONE has suggested we move forward, find the joy in it and do what we can. It helps to know someone else has been there and that you are almost there with your dear sweet baby.

Thank you again for sharing your experience!:flower:

Oh I'm so glad I helped!! I was debating if I should post for a while lol, so I'm very glad I did :) :hugs::hugs: I had monthly ultrasounds to monitor my cervix, If they dont suggest it I would suggest it to them just to be on the safe side, but mine didnt start to shorten until 33weeks which they considered normal shortening but because of my history decided I shouldn't be working 40+ hours anymore. The first 4-5 months of the pregnancy I was working 52-60 hours a week! :coffee:

Thank you. Yes, they already started measuring the cervix. It's too early to see anything as usually it starts between 16 and 20wks to see symptoms of IC or later of course.

I've decided to put myself on limited bedrest once I start the injections. Since Jackson came at 22wks, he wasn't considered viable. He lived shortly and then passed away. SO, I'm trying to take every step I can to get to a healthy birth in Oct.

I REALLY appreciate your responses and am glad you didn't wait. It doesn't look like too many others have gone through this. Most I know were allowed the early cerclage. Not of course me! I'm just grateful to hear someone has made it with this protocal alone. I'm encouraged and feel so much better right now. Thank You!

I was on progesterone injections and weekly cervical length ultrasounds after having my 33 weeker. Unfortunatley for us Eilidh was born at 32 weeks( although completely healthy and home now after 3 weeks in NICU) However from speaking to my perinatologist I am in the minority where they didnt work, so many more women have success with them:thumbup:

Best of luck:hugs:

I was on progesterone injections and weekly cervical length ultrasounds after having my 33 weeker. Unfortunatley for us Eilidh was born at 32 weeks( although completely healthy and home now after 3 weeks in NICU) However from speaking to my perinatologist I am in the minority where they didnt work, so many more women have success with them:thumbup:

Best of luck:hugs:

I sure hope so because they can't seem to rule out IC and I've heard so many horrer stories and have been through a 22wk loss already. I really don't want to be a guinea pig nor do I want to learn another hard lesson because Dr.'s in my area refused to do something they said would be riskier only to see my own hunch was right and there was nothing I could do to get them to listen. We didn't sue last time, but I have no problem suing the pants off them if I lose another one from their own stupidity.:wacko::thumbup:

Thanks for your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->