Anyone on Aspirin and been told they got to have injections for it?

Wriggley

Reaction score
Hi Ladies.

I am on aspirin til 36 weeks, my SIL was on aspirin til end of second trimester (roughly) shes 38 weeks pregnant tomorrow and today had to go in to hospital to have some injections because she been on aspirin in pregnancy (shes been off it for about 10 weeks) she said it was to thicken the blood back up and to stop blood clots or something??

is anyone else on aspirin and been told they will have to have these injections ?? I have not been told about them so assuming i dont need them?? or be told at a leter point?? I got midwife appointment on tuesday so im going to ask her then just thought id see if i could get any answers on here whilst i waiting for tuesdays appointment?

I was on asprin till 37 weeks in the UK (no one told me to stop!)

Just had a consultant app yesterday - no mention of an injection :)

Im on asprin right up to giving birth....no mention of injections here!

The injection is called clexane or enoxaparin, its a blood thinner and treats and prevents blood clots, its all based on very individual circumstances as 2 whether they suggest it or not xxx

I was on aspirin bit I stopped taking it, it was giving me really bad headaches. I've never been asked if I still take it or not. Do you think this will cause a problem? xx

I was on aspirin bit I stopped taking it, it was giving me really bad headaches. I've never been asked if I still take it or not. Do you think this will cause a problem? xx

personally id check with your midwife hun - theres a reason they put you on aspirin - mine is because i at higher risk of pre-eclampsia and to help oxygen get through the plasenta to the baby.

thanks ladies il ask my midwife but dont not seem to be something thats always needed then :)

I'm on aspirin and Lovenox already. I was told stop aspirin 5 days before planned delivery and injections 2 days before.

The injection is called clexane or enoxaparin, its a blood thinner and treats and prevents blood clots, its all based on very individual circumstances as 2 whether they suggest it or not xxx

Isn't that kinda redunant? I thought aspirin was a blood thinner and prevented clots..

Isn't that kinda redunant? I thought aspirin was a blood thinner and prevented clots..

Aspirin will only work to a point. The injections are stronger and needed if you have a history of clots or a blood clotting disorder (or both obviously). The dosage would vary based on your diagnosis/ history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->