Anyone on Clomid with regular ovulation??

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
My OB suggested our next step be a round of Clomid (after 3 months post HSG; this is month 1 in 2ww and already another failure. .ugh..). I'm a little concerned and confused seeing that it's normally used for annovulation.

Has anyone had Clomid with regular cycles? I'm normally 27/28 days with a normal LP of 14. I've been like clockwork for years..except the occasional 26 or 30 day cycle which are very rare.

Any success stories out there??

Yes. Clomid is the generic "Go To" start drug for almost every type of infertility. Unless your tubes are blocked or you have a severe male factor, most REs will start off with clomid, even if you are ovulating. It gives you a "stronger" ovulation, and the average number of eggs with it will be 2, so one more target than usual to go after.
I have low progesterone, so my RE started with clomid even though I also ovulate regularly. The stronger ovulation is supposed to raise progesterone. It did raise my progesterone high enough to support a pregnancy. But I didn't get pregnant. I'm on cycle #3 of clomid, this will be my last round. The success plateaus off after 3-4 cycles, so we are going to move on to injectables/IVF soon.
Everyone talks about the side effects. I got hot flashes at night, which I found annoying, but not that bad. I'm in the 2ww of my last cycle of it, and the hot flashes have finally stopped. They are not so bad that it would make me not take it again, but some people have worse reactions.
Best of luck to you!

Thanks so much. Definitely a lot to think about especially considering I didn't think it would amount to needing any medical help.
You mentioned the success rate up to the 4th cycle. Is there any reasoning behind that or information from a doctor? I'm just now doin some research on clomid and have yet to come across that..

Good luck in your 2ww hun. Lots of baby dust your way! I'm 11 dpo today and waiting for AF to arrive any day now.

Thanks again!

i have regular perios in 2007 i had my firdt round of clomid just to jump start stuff because i wasnt getting pregnant and all tests were coming back great and it worked on the first try :)

now im on 100gm from days 3-7 and i eithrt ovulated yesterday or it will happen anytime now so i hope it works again for me on the first try

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->