• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone on metformin for Pcos ??

Yogibear0

Reaction score
Hi everyone... Only new to this site so trying to find my bearings with it  ... So my story is that I'm one of many who have Pcos .. I've been ttc for 4 yrs now, no joy yet! Began taking clomid 100mg from jan-sept of this yr, still no ovulation so my DR changed me to metformin 1500mg... This is my third week in of beginning this awful medication... I've been so sick, no appetite at all - I have to force food into me, I live on toast, oranges and orange juice! It's all I can manage to get into me... I've began to lose weight due to not eating which I'm happy with BUT I have nausea 24/7...

Is anyone else having problems with metformin.... Will my body ever get use to this medication and can anyone confirm if it actually works....  need some inspiration to cheer me up

I too have pcos and have been taking metformin for about two weeks:) It is pretty horrible as far as the diarrhea and stomach aches go... but I do hear from a lot of other women who take it, that it gets better as your body gets more used to it:) My dr. had me start out at 500mg and increase the dose after a week to minimize it as much as possible but it still sucks lol but i'm going to stick with it because I've heard and read such good things about how much it can help women with pcos:happydance:
Here's one article I read about it:
https://debra-branse.suite101.com/metformin-has-many-benefits-for-women-with-pcos-a146402
I've been TTC for almost two years, I dont ovulate on my own:( I tried clomid for two cycles, Ovulated on my 1st but not my second... I did a lot of reading on pcos and found that alot of women had successfully conceived after taking metformin, or ovulated on clomid after previously not responding:) So there is hope! Right now i'm going to see if I can start ovulating with just the met and go from there if i dont:) I have also been working out too so i can start losing weight, the met is helping make it easier:thumbup:

Sorry for such a long post lol i feel like i was rambling:) I hope you feel better soon! Talk to your dr about maybe lowering the dose if it doesnt get better, not being able to eat isnt good lol Let me know how it goes:)

metformin does have nasty side effects but it works. i took it while TTC my first two sons. hang in there, it gets better!!

I hate hate hate this medication ! Makes me feel soo. Sick! I take one at night I was wondering if raking two at night will be ok? X

I want to offer you a little bit of hope in taking metformin. I have been taking this now for 5 years and have gotten pregnant 4 times. sadly 3 of those didnt make it but now i am 13 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby.

Do keep taking the metformin, yes there are some nasty side effects (met bum being one of them) it does reduce your appetite which helps you lose weight which in turn helps to bring your cycle back. it also stabilises the amount of sugar you have in your body (metformin is used for diabetics also) so you dont want as many sugary things.

Please give it some time to get in your system.

I want to offer you a little bit of hope in taking metformin. I have been taking this now for 5 years and have gotten pregnant 4 times. sadly 3 of those didnt make it but now i am 13 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby.

Do keep taking the metformin, yes there are some nasty side effects (met bum being one of them) it does reduce your appetite which helps you lose weight which in turn helps to bring your cycle back. it also stabilises the amount of sugar you have in your body (metformin is used for diabetics also) so you dont want as many sugary things.

Please give it some time to get in your system.

Thankyou for giving me some inspiration and hope everyone..... Im now on week 4 and all side effects have now gone!!! :thumbup:
Im so so so happy.... All you lovely ladies were 100% correct aout this medicaion, im finally able to take my metformin with no problems now... Just hoping for my BFP now........ Please plesae please let this medication work.

I have been taking metformin for PCOS for about 6 weeks now and I still have bad side effects. How long do these normally last? My Dr. wants me to take 1500mg a day but the side effects are so bad that I am not able to do so while working during the day. Any information that anyone has will be appreciated and help a lot. Thanks!

Ive been taking metformin for 3wks now and am on 1500mg a day but have not had any side effects or felt any different from before i was on it, i did get this med from the internet so im guessing its proberly not the real deal after reading all the side effects ive been reading xxx

I've been on metformin for about a month now after my midwife prescribed it for suspected PCOS. I worked my way up to my current 1500mg dosage. I've been fortunate to not have really noticed too much of the side effects. At first I wasn't as hungry but now I seem to be fine.

So it might be working then. how long did it take you beanie4 to have your first period? ive been on it for 3wks and nothing as of yet still early days and ive not had a period since may so might take some time to rectifiy it xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->