Anyone on pregnancy 2+ after a previous 3rd degree tear?

liz1985

Reaction score
With DS I had a 3rd degree tear, it healed well and no real problems since. I had my first midwife appointment on Monday and she is referring me for consultant led care, due to the tear. She said the consultant will know more but from what she's seen in my notes they will prob say I'm ok to birth naturally, but if wanted a section I would be allowed one. I really want to have a natural birth but I am also worried about having another bad tear and the risk of in continence etc. what have you been told/recommended? Any ideas on what you will do?

My mom had them with my brother so bad she almost bled to death, she went on to have my sister naturally without a tear at all,

She learned alot of techniques to avoid tearing; hot compresses , letting you push instead of being told when to push and giving baby time to descend .

I too am expecting baby #2 after horrible tearing, and a long recovery.....I am meeting with midwife soon and will find out if this will cause complications.

with DD I had a 3rd/4th degree tear

with DS1 I had an episiotomy

with DS2 I had a 2nd degree tear

I wouldn't worry too much hun x

I had a 3rd degree tear with my first, an episiotomy with my 2nd, and no tears or episiotomies with the last two.

I had severe internal vaginal wall tearing with my DS1. It took over an hour and a half to stitch me back up. He was just big (8lbs 10 ounces) and descended really fast. My doctor wants to induce me early because of it. Anways....we will see how this next birth goes in a month. :x

With DS I had a 3rd/4th degree tear. It healed well, I had the scans to check and they were very happy with how it healed. I was consultant led but got OKed for a vaginal delivery (I could have had a c-section if I wanted). DD arrived with a very small 1st degree tear and a teeny 2nd degree, I didn't even get stitched (the midwife said it would have been 2 tiny stitches -as opposed to the 50+ stitches I had the first time, lol- but the choice was mine as to whether I got stitched or not; I opted not as the thought of the local anaesthetic injection made me want to poop my pants :haha:) and it healed up super fast!
I was worried about tearing badly again this time but it was totally fine :)

I had a 3rd degree tear with my daughter and was completely against having another baby at all, mainly because of my whole birth experience. Changed my mind recently and am now pregnant and was thinking about a section. Because of our lives a section is really not a good option, so hoping for maybe a natural birth but am terrified!!!!

I had a 3rd degree tear, and have been booked in for a section with this baby after a lot of consultations and hospital appointments. I was completely happy to have a vaginal birth again, and discussed this at the original consultation. They said I had to go and have a endo-anal scan (basically a anal probe haha) so that they could determine how bad the scaring tissue is. the results weren't actually very good at all and within a few days of having that scan it had been decided that it was in my best interest to have a section, due to high chances of been incontinent and having to have surgery and physio if I had a natural birth.

After I had the tear, during my 6 week check up, the consultant had already told me I'd need to have the endo-anal scan and had high chances of needing a section, etc. however my sis had the same degree tear as me and has been given the all clear at her 6 week check up that they'd be no reason whatsoever that she wouldn't be able to birth vaginally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->