Anyone out there give up caffeine...

P

punk_pig

...and did it make any difference to your LO?

I ask because my LO just wont nap and sometimes she is soo tired and I put her on the boob and she starts to drop off then suddenly gets a second wind and once the feed is over everything is over excited smiles. She is still tired cos she whinges when I leave her for even a second but everything that I try to do to calm her is met with giggles etc.

Could this be caffeine?

I had this and thought caffiene might be the problem so I stopped (a total killer considering coffee is the only thing that helped keep me awake some days!) but he's just the same now and it's been around 3 months since I stopped. I think my LO is just afraid that if he closes his eyes he might miss something.

Could be worth a try though?

I had this and thought caffiene might be the problem so I stopped (a total killer considering coffee is the only thing that helped keep me awake some days!) but he's just the same now and it's been around 3 months since I stopped. I think my LO is just afraid that if he closes his eyes he might miss something.

Could be worth a try though?

Had a feeling it was just nosey baby syndrome but suddenly got paranoid I was spiking my baby!!

I did for a week. Didn't make a bit of difference, so I went back to drinking it. (I usually only have 1-2 cups a day anyway)

It didn't make a difference when I quit for 2weeks, Eli still fought his sleep...

I Can't drink fruit juice though as it gives Eli bad wind:dohh:

Otter could tolerate some caff, but not a lot.

DK can't tolerate any really. :dohh: So, I've been on decaf coffee for ages now. :( I rarely allow myself a glass of iced tea. If I have too much caff, she won't nap very well. And then gets grumpy about it. Boo.

I myself get wired on caffeine if I drink it after 5pm so I don't risk it now, I tend to have a cup of normal tea in the morning though.

I had a full on massive iced coffee - full caff - the other week and I felt like I had taken drugs I was that hyper! Pregnancy and bf have reduced my already poor tolerance even further :dohh:

have given up caffeine along with dairy because I have an idea it is not good for wind and reflux, although not sue where I got that from? I just drink decaf now with rice milk, pretty disgusting to be honest but better than nothing.

I've never noticed caffeine to affect my Lo's. Some babies are more sensitive, maybe cut out for a few days to see if it akes a difference:flower:

Some babies can be effected by what you eat/drink, especially with wind etc, but I've never cut out coffee tbh! I reduced my intake when lo was born, but I'm now back to full caffiene junkie mode and it doesn't affect baby! Try cutting it out, your lo might be effected by it! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->