Anyone overcame obstacles the natural way?

May112

Reaction score
I've accepted that everyone I know but myself gets pregnant nice and easy, the natural way...but I'm talking about people who've had reproductive obstacles (ie PCOS, male low motility, cysts, problems ovulating, chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage, one ovary, fibroids - yup...we're dealing with all of this) and have overcome them by actually getting pregnant (and/or bringing the baby to term) without medication (clomiphene, metformin, surgery) but instead by using natural remedies or making lifestyle changes. Please share if this is you, or if you know a great success story.

Thanks much!

First of all :hugs:!

Its so hard being one that doesnt look at their SO in a romantic way and get pregnant.

I have PCOS and while we didnt really struggle to get pregnant with our first (5 months of trying) we DID struggle with our second (15 months). The thing that did it was Vitex. I swear by it. I wasnt taking it for more than 2 weeks before I ovulated and got pregnant. I just started it again, in the hopes of taming an extremely heavy period, took it for a few days and Im pretty sure I ovulated a week or so after I stopped taking it. Now Im back in the 2ww. Look into it. Its cheap and it worked for us!

Im so sorry youre dealing with so many issues. Many hugs and baby dust coming to you!

Thanks. Yeah, I've heard some good things about vitex. I actually bought some, but since it's techni my TWW, my naturalpath said I shouldn't take it. I will if I'm not preggo. Although I've heard it takes 3 months to take effect. They say I have PCOS too, but this past month I ovulated naturally. So we'll see what happens. 8 more days to see! Thanks for sharing your positive story! Wishing us both good news as we wait! 😃

I tried for 19 yrs, and it finally happened by changing my diet. Went paleo in January, then took it further with aip diet in April, got my periods back immediately and am now 6 wks today.

I was told I had unexplained infertility by clinic after ttc for 3 years with 3 early loses and an eptopic. That was 3 years ago and nothing since then and I too went on the paleo diet and lost a stone only to immediate find out I was pregnant ! I was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism 18 month ago too so not sure why it has happened out the blue but might be something in it !

I lost 65 lbs to be in the lowest healthy BMI index instead of a BMI of 31 and started eating more protein less carbs more Paleo style but not a purist by any means. I also went to a reproductive immunologist who determined that I have 2 very severe blood clotting issues. If I don't get on blood thinners when I get pregnant I increase my risk of having a blood clot at least 6 fold, putting my life at danger as well as baby's. Once I did the things the immunologist was asking, after 6 years, 3 ivf's and 3 donor egg ivf's later, we got pregnant naturally.
There are major immune issues at play when we try to get pregnant. If we're over weight, our hormones, which are for the most part fat soluable, don't function well. If we have Chrones, arthritis, Thrombophelia in the family genetics, we're very very likely to have issues getting and staying pregnant due to immune issues. I don't believe in homeopathy, but I do believe that a low carb diet and lots of exercise has made the difference allowing me to get pregnant the handful of times that it's happened. The diabetes association has done studies on how high carb and high sugar diets effect egg quality and no wonder why we have so much infertility these days! And I'm a firm believer that the more a person reads (that's scientifically backed of course) the more you're likely to understand what's hindering your success. For me I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure and being over weight and eating a high carb diet that killed any chance of me getting pregnant. As soon as I lost the weight, ate high quality veg & protein, cut the carbs & sugar, exercised lots I got pregnant naturally 3 times. The last time I was able to hang onto the pregnancy by figuring out that I have blood clot issues. When we get pregnant our blood clotting rates increase two to three fold naturally anyway with the change in hormones. But with Thrombophelia and AntiPhospholipid Antibodies you reach extreme mc territory during pregnancy (so I take Celexane injections anytime I get pregnant now to prevent mc and dangerous clots).

I firmly believe exercising & losing 25lbs is what finally allowed my body to bring a pg to term. I also took a baby aspirin everyday during my pg. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->