Anyone own a Moissanite ring?

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
When hubby and I got engaged- we didn't want to spend the money on a spendy ring (we were saving for a bigger house etc..)-- so we got me a diamond band, and then set a CZ in it for the center stone.

TBH- I love the CZ, it's beautiful- except, over time, it get's scratched up. So I've had it replaced twice in the past 7yrs (although I should probably do it more often)... Obviously I wear the ring every day- but I'm gentle on it. My work is on a computer- I don't wear it to the gym and hang it up nightly.

We talked about upgrading to a real diamond- but I'm so used to the size, cut, sprarkle of my CZ (it's a 1.5ct cushion cut) that a diamond equivalent would be a fortune! :haha:

I don't care if it's "real"- long as it sparkles! And I recently started looking at Moissanite- it's harder than CZ (not as hard as diamond though)- but if it would last a long time, it would be worth it. The Moissanite I have in mind is around $500... so well under the 5K it would cost as a diamond. But if it's just gonna get scratched up again in the next few years- then I'll stick with the CZ!

Any input??????

What about lab created diamonds? They are much cheaper than mined diamonds

Yeah- that was the first route we took... least it "claimed" to be a lab created diamond simulant-- but after I noticed it was scratched, and took it to a jeweler he said there really is no difference between those and CZ. They may look nicer- overall, but aren't much harder (just spendier)... so yeah IDK?... maybe there are real lab diamonds just as hard?

The two places I got mine from were DiamondNexusLab and Carat... neither lasted long...

Of course I had to do more research- since I've not looked into all this for a while. The DiamondNexusLab now sells "pure carbon lab created diamonds"- which they say ARE diamonds (just created in a lab) but that they are different than the "Lexus diamond simulants" they sell... but the lab diamonds are still thousands!!! eek. So yeah- the one I saw (similar to my CZ) was still 6K...

Not that I couldn't go that route- I guess I just don't see the point spending that much! :haha: and it doesn't seem any cheaper than a real earth grown diamond? Although more ethical being lab made.

Yeah, from what I've found online people seem to be happy with them :) Maybe I should see if my jeweler can order me one to check out in person?

Moissanite is lovely. It's almost as strong as a diamond and higher on the refractive index than a diamond, meaning it gives more sparkle. I wouldn't buy anything over 2ct for a ring though as in certain lights it can give a slight yellow colour.

I have a Moissanite necklace-people keep thinking it's diamond-love it!

I have one, i felt that on our current budget and with the morality of diamonds i'd prefer mozzainte, its beautiful, it catches the light, it sparkles and its held up stunningly for the last 3 years (christ i need to get married soon!)

Thanks Yo Yo and lhancock90- good to hear some experience!

I really think I'm going that route- diamonds are beautiful (but so is anything that looks like diamonds)- no one has ever even been able to tell the diff with my 1.5ct CZ?!? I get compliments on it all the time... and the split shank band is white gold and pave set with real diamonds- but I don't care, I just like it to sparkle! haha. I'm such a girl!

Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"