• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone planning on NOT vaccinating your baby?

I unfortunately have seen children die because they have not been vaccinated. I am guessing misspriss you would rather take the risk of your child dying at an early age than possibly having complications in 50 years????

I unfortunately have seen children die because they have not been vaccinated. I am guessing misspriss you would rather take the risk of your child dying at an early age than possibly having complications in 50 years????

There is always a risk my child will die. There is a greater risk my child will die tomorrow in a car accident than he will die by a vaccine preventable disease. I accept that risk is a part of being alive.

In my state alone, there have been 39 reported deaths, 14 life threatening reactions, 11 permanant disabilities, 101 hospitalizations (2 prolonged) and 78 emergency visits from only the required vaccines. Those statistics are limited to children under the age of 5, serious reactions only, All dates recorded (2006 to present, I believe, but I could be wrong). From the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.

That sounds pretty risky to me. I am not scaremongering, I looked it up when my former pediatrician brought up how safe the required vaccines were, and that he was unaware of any adverse reactions in our State, turns out there have been quite a few.

You are welcome.
You have enjoyed minimal exposure to disease because the vast majority of us do vaccinate and provide you with protection.
It's not your mighty digestive-tract immunological protection. It was a public health initiative that people like you dismiss and try to dismantle, ironically.

Quoted for absolute TRUTH. I agreed so much with this post i groaned as i read it!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup:

Edit: rest removed as i am getting too frustrated reading the responses from misspriss.

There is always a risk my child will die. There is a greater risk my child will die tomorrow in a car accident than he will die by a vaccine preventable disease. I accept that risk is a part of being alive.

In my state alone, there have been 39 reported deaths, 14 life threatening reactions, 11 permanant disabilities, 101 hospitalizations (2 prolonged) and 78 emergency visits from only the required vaccines. Those statistics are limited to children under the age of 5, serious reactions only, All dates recorded (2006 to present, I believe, but I could be wrong). From the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System.

That sounds pretty risky to me. I am not scaremongering, I looked it up when my former pediatrician brought up how safe the required vaccines were, and that he was unaware of any adverse reactions in our State, turns out there have been quite a few.

Not even remotely. If you want to accurately assess risk, then you have to examine a factor that you have conveniently left out so far. Out of HOW MANY vaccinations did these reported events occur? If 78 out of 100 had adverse reactions, that's a problem. 78 out of 1 000 000, not so much. Without the percentage rate of adverse reaction, those case numbers you quote (while always unfortunate) are essentially meaningless. Risk cannot be assessed by what you posted.
Furthermore, while the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System is run by the CDC (as opposed to more anti-vax propoganda site), here is an interesting statement taken straight from the FAQ section on their website (bolding mine):

Are all adverse events reported to VAERS caused by vaccines?
No. VAERS receives reports of many adverse events that occur after vaccination. Some occur coincidentally following vaccination, while others may be caused by vaccination. Studies help determine if a vaccine really caused an adverse event. Just because an adverse event happened after a person received a vaccine does not mean the vaccine caused the adverse event. Other factors, such as the person's medical history and other medicines the person took near the time of the vaccination, may have caused the adverse event. It is important to remember that many adverse events reported to VAERS may not be caused by vaccines. Although VAERS can rarely provide definitive evidence of causal associations between vaccines and particular risks, its unique role as a national spontaneous reporting system enables the early detection of signals that can then be more rigorously investigated.

In other words, you don't even know how many of those incidences you adamantly quoted were even definitely vaccine-related.
The only thing you have managed to convince me of so far, misspriss, is that you lack scientific understanding and fail to demonstrate a critical faculty in analyzing either your sources or actual risk assessment.

Ohh I know these debates inevitably happen but being someone whose baby CAN'T be vaccinated against whooping cough it terrifies me even more :-( I'm discussing my decision with Paediatricians and now the vac is a 5 in 1 it would mean he'd miss out on 5! Personally related family vaccine damage is bound to make you a little against vaccinations. But not for the majority if it has not had any adverse effects on them-then that's all well and good and can provide a herd community for those who CAN'T rather than wont vaccinate. I'm in a position now where im discussing options of how the medical team will intervene IF I go ahead and vaccinate and he has a reaction-a flippin horrible, potentially life changing decision. Anyway just my two cents as reading 'babies die from not being vaccinated' is not what I want to read..but yes I acknowledge it's the truth...but it is also the case that vaccinated babies/kids also die or become ill... Anyway im not anti-vax, just in a dilemma where vaccines are not my best friend atm as could potentially ruin our lives!

Yes but A193, it's not exactly helpful for you to hear that babies die from having vaccinations either, is it. You have said before that you understand the risks of the decision you are being forced to take.

An adverse reaction from a contracting a disease in a vaccinated person is very rare. All of this debate is about people with healthy children, who have practically nothing to fear from having their child vaccinated. If people like MissPriss would actually make an informed decision rather than misinterpreting myth and rhetoric and have their children vaccinated them the decision you are facing would be far less worrisome. That would mean the chances of your LO getting any of these diseases would be so much lower.

The measles epidemic is still going on here, cases are up to almost 1200. There is also a rubella outbreak, the figures of that I don't know yet.

So presumably you also have figure to hand which show the risk of your child suffering an adverse reaction to a vaccination is infinately larger than the risk of your child contracting and suffering an adverse reaction to the multiple diseases vaccines prevent against,
given you are so hot on assessing and balancing risks and all......

I thought of this thread today when I saw this article on abc.net

Parent's fear of vaccinations nearly killed their son

Found it interesting as its the other side of the coin when it comes to not vaccinating.

ETA - I see now its already been posted. Oops! But I'm glad that people who didn't vaccinate are speaking up. I do remember a thread at one point on here about a family who didn't get the MMR shot and then had to watch their little one suffer through measles. She was heartbroken that her decision caused her child to get a life threatening illness. :nope: So sad. It really stuck with me!

There's also this story from the UK. Not only did the child get sick, but her parents and grandparents too.

https://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/24/wish-my-daughter-vaccinated

This must be so common. There are not necessarily long lasting effects of getting these diseases but they do last for weeks, sometimes months, and they can be so easily prevented.

I saw on facebook that a friend of mine has caught whooping cough in London, is there an outbreak there?

I saw on facebook that a friend of mine has caught whooping cough in London, is there an outbreak there?

Yes there is a bit, they have started immunising pregnant women against it at 28 weeks so that not only pregnant women don't get it but that immunity is passed to baby and will b there till baby has injections at 8 weeks x

Yes there is a bit, they have started immunising pregnant women against it at 28 weeks so that not only pregnant women don't get it but that immunity is passed to baby and will b there till baby has injections at 8 weeks x

I'm starting to think maybe I ought to get a booster, my friend who caught it would have had her last booster at the same age as me so I guess I might have lost my immunity by now too.

Im asking all my friends and family to get boosters! Apparently they wane after 5-10 years

It's worth thinking about. An adult friend of mine got whooping cough last year (40 something, fit and healthy) and he was sick for months.

Going to ask my doctor about it tomorrow. My dad got whooping cough last year as well, he was ill for ages (strangely my mum didn't get catch it, she must have super immunity)

https://www.voicesforvaccines.org/the-consequences-of-refusing-vaccines/

Not sure if this kind of article has been brought in before so I thought I would share.

As for my stance, my children will be vaccinated, i see more risk long term to not being vaccinated then to having some kind of a reaction to them (this being said, I myself had a reaction to the mmr when I was infant, and I am fine regardless. They delayed giving me my booster, but I have it now and didn't react the second time).

I'm very pro vaccine, I've argued in forums until I'm blue in the face, I've been and read medical journals, read news and research online, visited lots of non vaxing sites and looked up all their "evidence" and not found anything to change my mind. In fact the more I read the more I get the feeling that a lot of non vaxers fall into the categories of brain washed to thinking the gov is trying to suppress us or something else outrageous or think its cool and trendy to act,I've done my research when actually they haven't done anything other and briefly look at a misinformed anti vex site.

As for the record as I'm sick of it, the vaccines DO NOT contain any aborted baby products as keeps getting repeated, yes those things have been used in research etc and I believe in one type of vaccine, but never in a vaccine. So please stop quoting such rubbish.

Then all those nasty ingredients that get quoted such as formaldehyde, because everyone knows its an embalming fluid a to vaxers like to throw that one up to show how terrible it is, truth is its already in our bodies, out bodies naturally make it, vaccines use them to preserve the vaccine. Now I am sure if you drank the stuff or injected large quantities of the stuff you would die, but with most anything the same would be the case, the fact is its already something our bodies make. It like most of the other ingredients are already present in our bodies or we are regularly exposed to them as part of normal everyday life.

As for saying, ill take a chance with my child, they are more likely to die in a car crash anyway, silly attitude, especially for those who have lost babies to these illness, but the flip of that is, so when driving in your car, knowing the risks, do you drive erratically, speeding and not use seat belts for you or your child? Because that's what the vaccine is, it's a seatbelt, and should be used at all costs to reduce the risk. We don't know what the risk is, but ill take my chances with the known killer diseases which I can try and prevent because I couldn't live with myself if I had the attitude I was willing to risk my child's life like that.

I'm on the fence about this whole thing for now. I don't see the need to vax my son yet, the schedule his doctor recommends seems way too much at one time for his immature immune system. I read somewhere that infants don't develop their own antibodies until after 6 months, but I haven't researched that any further yet.

If anything, I know we will for sure delay vax if we decide to vax. But like I said, we're on the fence about this as of right now.

Came across this when I was looking up some other vaccine stuff https://www.forbes.com/sites/jennif...ists-discover-vaccine-to-eliminate-allergies/

Would be amazing if they do manage to create an allergy vaccine! Would anyone go for this vaccine if it comes out? (for yourselves or your child)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->