• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

anyone.. POTS syndrome/ innapropriate tachycardia

twin mum 27

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am 11 weeks pregnant with my third child (previous twins)

I have had POTS syndrome for a long time but only diagnosed recently.
For those of you who dont know, Postural Orthodtatic tachycardia Syndrome basically means when i stand up, my heart jumps from around 80/90bpm to anywhere up to 160bpm but usually around 120/130 is my norm.

While im not concerned about thi condition in general ad im told its relatively harmless in the sense it wont kill me, it does cause horrible symptoms such as dizziness, palpatations, blacking out and fainting (this has never happened to me).
My symptoms have been worse since becoming pregnant and im just wondering if anyone else has suffered tachycardia BEFORE pregnancy and how did u go through your pregnany.. did your tachycardia harm your baby?

I guess im just worried the elevated heart rate might hurt my growing baby. After a recent miscarriage im so blessed to have this new baby and dont want anything to jeapordise it.

Thanks guys

Sorry, I Don't have it as far as I know but I do have a very irregular heart beat and I often get palpitations and my heart can/does speed up quite quickly though my resting hr is normal...as far as I know it's not a problem, my mom has some form of tachycardia that sounds similar to yours and she's had 3 healthy children...the only thing I'd maybe talk to your dr or even better a naturalist about is maybe taking extra iron and/or b12 as I know oxygen is usually related to heart issues like this...

I have just been diagnosed with pots after 4 years.
Was only diagnosed in this pregnancy.
I've been out of beta blockers to slow it down which seem to be helping, I'm being giving growth scans because of being on the tablets.
I went through 2 pregnancies with it before, it was hard both times but never did any harm to the babies. They were very good weights too :) xx

Thanks guys.

Charlotte how are the meds making you feel? I met with my ob today as i wanted some reassurance baby was ok.. baby looked fine :) and we talked about my heart and basically she said there isnt anyway to fix my issue, which is also what the cardiologist said. Its not going to kill me which i know, my concern was for baby but she assured me baby will do just fine.
She said they wont put me on medication unless i actually faint or struggle to breathe as the meds make you super tired?

Thanks guys.

Charlotte how are the meds making you feel? I met with my ob today as i wanted some reassurance baby was ok.. baby looked fine :) and we talked about my heart and basically she said there isnt anyway to fix my issue, which is also what the cardiologist said. Its not going to kill me which i know, my concern was for baby but she assured me baby will do just fine.
She said they wont put me on medication unless i actually faint or struggle to breathe as the meds make you super tired?

The medication hasn't really affected me to be honest, I'm tired anyway as I have two children to run after so I don't know if they do.
I think they decided to put me on the beta blockers due to nearly collapsing at work and ending up in the a&e. I was having a crushing feeling one chest as well.
My cardiologist said she wouldn't put me on them if they wouldn't benefit my health as they want to keep baby safe inside.
Xx

I haven't been diagnosed with anything as of yet... But I'm suffering quite bad at the minute with my heart rate :(

it started around 31weeks with palpitations and its gradually getting worst :(, my resting heart rate has gone from 90-100BPM to now 122BPM... with a Palpitation that just seems to come when i stand up or eating it use to be 135BPM, but now 160-170BPM... It makes me feel dreadful!! I'm so breathless, dizzy and as though i could just pass out (thankfully i haven't done that!) but all i get told is, once i have my baby i should return to normal!

16days and counting till my C-section x

I've had a healthy baby boy after a POTS and IST pregnancy. No matter how crappy I was feeling, he was just fine the whole time. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->