Anyone pregnant after diagnosed with DOR

Havmercy

Reaction score
I'm 38 years old. I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve in July 2011.:growlmad: I bought the book, "The Infertility Cure", started acupuncture, changed my eating habits, (only organic fruits and veggies) no dairy:nope: and I started taking supplements, DHEA, CoQ10, Royal Jelly, and fresh wheatgrass juice 2-4 oz every day. I had one failed IUI in September 2011. We got a positve test November 2011 naturally :sex: cd 10,12, and 14. I'm nervous since the RE told me we couldn't get pregnant without donor eggs. Anyone have a successful pregnancy with DOR? I need a boost of confidence. My husband feels I'm thinking negative :ignore:if I voice my concerns to him, so I need somone who can give me hope.:wohoo:

I didn't want to read and run. Sorry I don't have an answer but I want to congratulate you! Hoping for a healthy 9 months for you!

Hi

did you have an amh test? how many follicles did you have?. DOR doesnt mean you dont have good quality eggs so please dont stress too much.

xxx

My AMH was .16, my FSH was 15.9 I got seperate opinions from 3 different RE's this year. They all insisted I needed IVF, only 1 said donor eggs. They had me feeling like damaged goods. I was depo provera for 15 years. I got my last injection in March 2009. It took until October 2010 for my periods to return.

My AMH was .16, my FSH was 15.9 I got seperate opinions from 3 different RE's this year. They all insisted I needed IVF, only 1 said donor eggs. They had me feeling like damaged goods. I was depo provera for 15 years. I got my last injection in March 2009. It took until October 2010 for my periods to return.

Oh, and they never told me how may follies I had. I was never even given the clomid challenge test I've read women writing about.

Ok from your results yes your natural pregnancy is a real miracle so it means you have a good crop of eggs still there.

dont stress and enjoy the blessing :) try posting on second or third tri. I have read about women getting pregnant with IVF with levels like yours so you are truly blessed

Congratulations Hun x

Hello.
This is an older post, I just wanted to say that it gives me some hope! My husband and I are ttc#1. I just turned 40, he will be 40 soon. We just saw RE yesterday. Getting his SA and b/w done. Based on my AMH (.2) and FSH (15 - taken on cd40, my first ever weird cycle but based on other b/w, RE thinks he can trust the number), they have diagnosed me with DOR.
I wish I felt something other than shock. I live an active, healthy (most of the time) lifestyle, so I guess I didn't realize that this was going on in my body. I feel blindsided and never thought I'd be sitting in an REs office. My family says I shouldn't have waited so long to TTC but life needed to unfold as it did. Have a wonderfully supportive husband that I waited years to find, we married 2 years ago, bought a house last year. I'm very lucky that I have him - but we both want a little babe to love.
Sorry to ramble...did I mention I am a bit overwhelmed? :)
Anyway, I hope that all of you went on to have success. I am hoping for a natural pregnancy but I feel that is not going to happen. Considering IUI, but not IVF (seems too invasive for us, I"m watching my sister go through it and I'm not sure I can do it), but doctor recommends only IVF. He said our file was a big red flag, clinically. :/ Not what I wanted to hear.
Thanks for listening,
Jen

I had my AMH level tested in Feb last year when I was 29. They were 6 on the Australian scale which I think is pmol/L which I think if I convert it to ng/mL which I think is what is used in America it's .81 --- so quite low, especially for my age.

However, I've managed to get pregnant twice since then. The first pregnancy after that test I lost at 14 weeks - although it's believed I lost the baby to an immune issue since the baby tested to have normal chromosomes, and now again I am 9 weeks pregnant.

So low AMH for me doesn't seem to impact my ability to get pregnant. My FS just told me I might not have as many eggs as someone else my age, but the quality of them should still be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->