Anyone previously gone into labour with no prior signs?

leahsbabybump

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
Sooo as the title says has anyone every gone into labour without no prior warning:-
no loose stools
no show or mucus plug
no nesting

its just im due in 2 days and have had no signs at all really apart from i have been loosing my plyg but thats been going on for weeks now :-/

i was wondering if any moms had any stories were they just whent into labour just like that without having a clue it was close to give us mommy who only have a few days left with no signs of bubs a bit of hope lol

thanks xx

With my son nothing i was sitting in the nail shop and BANG my contractions started never thought he was gonna come anytime soon :) there where no signs x

me! i had absollutely nothing!

no emptying of stomach, no nesting, nothing. . . i did have a few contractions the week leading up but nothing serious, i had 2 hours worth once but during the whole 2 horus i had people ringing up and texting me and i think my annoyance at their calls stopped it lol too much of a coincidence that when i was left on my own and had contractions and relaxed that was when they continued into labour! everytime before that i got interupted during relaxing, got really peed off and they stopped lol

but yeah to cut a long story short i had absolutely nothing to suggest that i was about to go into labour apart from those few cntractions - we are seriously not talking about many like 5 in 3 hours two or three times . . . these happened a week before a did go in labour . . . oh and no increase in cm, no show, no waters breaking, no change in mood, no change in appetite, no headaches no feeling sof pushing down (although turned out he as too big and that was why)

I can't speak for myself but when I was moaning to my friend from antenatal class the the other day (who had her baby two weeks early!) that mine was showing no signs of arriving, she said she didn't get any signs whatsoever. Her waters broke and that was it. Then yesterday I happened to see another lady from my antenatal class at the birthing centre, as I'd gone in for my 40 week check-up and membrane sweep - this other lady had literally had her (gorgeous!) baby the day before (was lovely as her husband invited us in to see them as he remembered us from the partners class) and she said she had also had no signs whatsoever.

I was convinced that nothing at all was happening with my baby (although note - it still isn't here!) BUT..... when I had my appointment yesterday it transpired that baby is now pretty much engaged, I'm 1cm dilated and the cervix is reasonably soft, so midwife was quite pleased as she says that is pretty good for a first baby, as they generally don't arrive 'til 41 weeks. In addition, I discovered that I had been having tightenings, but hadn't noticed them. Was a bit embarrassing as was hooked up to a monitor and they showed up on there - it wasn't exactly that I felt nothing, was just I thought it was to do with baby moving and poking her bum out or something! And then apparently yesterday I my uterus was tightening when the midwife touched it to examine me as she said 'ah, you're getting a tightening now, I'll just leave it a minute and then examine you'. I really, honestly, still did not notice! I am assuming when I get proper contractions I will notice them!

Oh and there's absolutely no chance of me 'nesting'. I can't see the point of e.g. washing baby clothes milions of times, etc. :)

Yep...me.

With both of my LOs...no tightenings, no pain, no show, no waters breaking or loose stools - then BAM! Full on contractions and fully dilated in uunder an hour! Lol.

I hope so! I have no signs as well and i am due in 5-7 days
( they gave me 2 due dates )

i have some loose stools and been losing plug for a bit now :growlmad:
no contractions... no BH.... a LITTLE nesting... but nothing really. not even dilating lol i dont think!

Glad you posted this! I've been wondering the exact same! I'm due in 4 days with no signs... Closest thing I've had to a sign is having a loose poo yesterday (lol sorry) I just want her to hurry up!!

No signs with either of my first two pregnancies. I woke up around 4am with contractions....no previous signs. Lost my plug and water broke AFTER I was already in labor. And nesting isn't necessarily a sign of labor.....it can happen at any time.

Thanks for posting! I was wondering too as I have had NO signs or symptoms, not even losing my mucus plug! :)

me!!

no signs, braxton hicks, contractions, nesting, loose stools, water breaking/leaking, loss of mucus/plug, nothing! :shrug:

contractions just started early morning while still in bed. :thumbup:

I had nothing either. The night before I saw my doctor my baby kicked a little harder than usual. Then saw my ob the next day and I was 5 cm dilated. She said, "why haven't you rung me before this appoinment?" I replied "you told me to ring when my waters broke!" so she had to pull my plug and break my waters for me. 3/4 hours later I was 10th dilated! It was only 2 hours after she broke my waters did I begin to feel contractions.

(right now you're prob thinking she has a great pain threshold but I fainted when I slipped in the shower a year earlier because of the pain. So I guess it was a weird labour for me. However at 10cm I needed every drug in the place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->