Anyone sensitive to sugar?

jlw617

Mom to 2 girls
Reaction score
I've never been so sensitive to sugar! Which is kind of a good thing but boy do I get sick easily ( a different kind of sickness than ms, basically just like getting sick if you've had too much sugar, except I'm not!) any how, just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

If sugar is causing you to feel sick, its probably because your body cant handle so much of it now. It could be a possible sign of gestational diabetes if your body isnt able to handle it. It doesnt mean you actually have it, but maybe a possibility. Its worth mentioning it at your next drs appt. It also couldnt help to just consume good sugars and limit things like white flour etc and see if that helps.

Meeee! I am so sensitive to refined sugar this time around, I get all dizzy and grumpy and I just feel horrible! I didn't have this at all last time around, had it a little bit with DD but that was more in the 3rd trimester
I'm loving fruit though, anything juicy and sweet :flower:

Yes meemee! And I really am not having a lot at all! Mostly because im not craving it but today I had literally a couple sips of my husbands Pepsi and I've felt so sick since then and that was 5 hours ago!

Hmm then maybe its just all the sensitivity changes then. Pregnancy can sometimes be very confusing at times.

Easter is going to be an interesting time, that's for sure!
I had some good quality chocolate and that didn't seem to effect me as much as lollies or cakes etc usually would but still wasn't that much fun lol
I've got to say that I'd prefer to have this than an inability to stop eating sweet things in pregnancy :haha:

I ate soup & bread for lunch the other day and had to go back to our apartment to lie down, my heart was racing and I felt sick as a dog. I don't eat candy/orange juice/hot chocolate/ice cream/ rice/noodles/cookies/crackers<-- carby sugar packed foods, they make me feel immediately sick:sick: I tend to stick to veg & high protein foods, protein won't spike your blood like bread or pasta. I did eat some of the potatoes on my steak dinner plate today (we're on holidays in Europe) and the potato seemed ok. But my safe go to foods are cheese, veg & protein with fruit / plain yoghurt snacks.

I SO want some chocolate tomorrow but I'll eat it in the safety of our hotel room in case it makes me sick(we're off to Salzburg from Vienna tomorrow). Easter is such a huge holiday here, there are chocolate bunnies in ever second store:

The one benefit is that I haven't gained weight yet and I'm 13 weeks. A lady on the airplane was shocked that I'm pregnant, she said she was so bloated and feeling fat at 13 weeks she was in pregnancy pants already:haha::thumbup:

Easter is going to be an interesting time, that's for sure!
I had some good quality chocolate and that didn't seem to effect me as much as lollies or cakes etc usually would but still wasn't that much fun lol
I've got to say that I'd prefer to have this than an inability to stop eating sweet things in pregnancy :haha:

Yes I agree! Normally I could eat sweets all day, so I'm considering this a blessing in disguise :winkwink:

2have4kids-yes I'm hoping to stay on the no weight gain trend as well,so far I havent gained but I'm only on week 8 :)

Mee too even the thought of it makes my stomach turn Blugh and normally I'm terribly addicted to it especially chocolate .. Same thing happened with my dd and I lost 2 stone while pregnant so hoping that will happen again haha

Mee too even the thought of it makes my stomach turn Blugh and normally I'm terribly addicted to it especially chocolate .. Same thing happened with my dd and I lost 2 stone while pregnant so hoping that will happen again haha

Haha yes, so far from my last two pregnancies, pregnancy seems to be the best diet I've ever been on :winkwink:

I can't say I've had a sensitivity to sugar, but definitely to Splenda. I usually have a cup of hot green tea with splenda and it made me so sick. I tried it without splenda and I was peachy keen. I've found that I'm not craving a lot of sweets, only mini Cadbury eggs and I feel like I've satisfied that & would be perfectly fine never having another one. :lol:

Haha, well that's good that you've gotten the cadbury craving out of the way haha! Honestly I love/used to love splnda but i know it's awful for you so it's probably a good thing you have an aversion to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->