Anyone studied for a BTEC?

Leafy

Reaction score
Hey

Has anyone got a BTEC qualification? Is it equivalent to an A-Level?

Thanks for any info!

x

Depends what level of btec you do, the general ones at college are a level 2 (1 year) or 3 (2-3 years depending on the course) after the level 2 you have to progress to the level 3, level 2 is there for if you dont have the gcse's needed to gain entry to level 3.

The btec level 3 is equivilant to 3 A levels

I did a btec national diploma in horse management which is a level 3.

hth xx

The entry requirements for the course I want to do in the future says 3 A-levels or equivalent BTEC. Since I dont have any A-levels does that mean BTEC Level 3 then? x

Yes that would mean btec level 3.. I done a BTEC National Diploma in Beauty Therapy Sciences & its equivalent to 3 a levels... but its worked out on points to get in uni so you would have to do well And get at least merit, merit, merit for good enough points. My course was 2 years.

Does it say what u need in a btec to get on to the course?

Nope, just says studied to A-Level standard or equivalent access or BTEC.

I've emailed them and sent a written letter to find out what BTEC I would need.

x

i did BTEC at school in science and got B B, so i think mines just equivalent to two GCSE'S x

Theres different BTEC's... cos I think theres a BTEC 'certificate' as well... its the BTEC National Diploma thats equivalent to A levels. Its marked in Pass, Merit & Distinction.

I've got a BTEC in technical theatre. It's worth three A levels at A grade (I got a distinction :thumbup:) it was a two year course and so much fun! Wish I could do it again!

I done a health and social care btec for 2 years which was equivilent to 4 GCSE grade A, so i think it depends on which level btec you do x

I done a health and social care btec for 2 years which was equivilent to 4 GCSE grade A, so i think it depends on which level btec you do x

Was that Level 2? I think it's health & social care BTEC I need to do but just waiting for them to get back to me as it wasn't clear on the website! It also mentioned a K100 in Health & Social Care but dont know if they mean instead of the BTEC or alongside it. All this is sooo new to me I havent studied in years, im 27 now! :dohh:

i did a btec national certificate and is equivilent to 2 a-levels
a btec national diploma is equivilent to 3 a-levels

The entry requirements for the course I want to do in the future says 3 A-levels or equivalent BTEC. Since I dont have any A-levels does that mean BTEC Level 3 then? x

yes you should check the ucas points though if its uni as this is way more important u need to make sure you will enough ucas points to enrole

Can i ask what your wanting to do at uni? Have you considered an access course?

Its an Occupational therapy course. It does say A-levels, or equivalent BTEC or Access. But I was interested in home-studying prior to the uni course that's why I didn't fancy Access. I was reading you could do BTECs at home/open university xx

BTEC National Diploma Level 2 - Is equal to 5 GCSE's grade C+ (I think)
BTEC National Diploma Level 3 - Is equal to 3 A levels.

I've recently passed my level 2 and onto my level 3, I know most places say to start off with the level 2 if you've been out of education for more than 5 years but that's just so you're not jumping in at the deepend I think :)

BTW mine is in Health and Social care aswell .. In my college, level 2 was known as "pre-access" and level 3 is known as "access" whether that helps.

BTEC National Diploma Level 2 - Is equal to 5 GCSE's grade C+ (I think)
BTEC National Diploma Level 3 - Is equal to 3 A levels.

I've recently passed my level 2 and onto my level 3, I know most places say to start off with the level 2 if you've been out of education for more than 5 years but that's just so you're not jumping in at the deepend I think :)

BTW mine is in Health and Social care aswell .. In my college, level 2 was known as "pre-access" and level 3 is known as "access" whether that helps.

thanks, are both courses 1 year each? xx

It depends really, luckily my college has several courses of these going on at once.

Level 2 - At my college is a 1 year course and can be studied full time during the day (about 2-3 days) or a night (2 evenings/6 hours a week).

Level 3 - At my college you can either do it in 1 year full time (3-4 days a week) or over 2 years partime day/night (2 days/6 hours a week).

I guess it's something you could ask at the nearest college or something :) I'm doing mine on nights so it's taking a bit longer.

i wrote a letter to the college today actually :) hopefully will get a reply soon. xx

Fingers crossed for you hun :) Which college is it that you've applied for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->