Anyone suffer from panic attacks

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
and worried that you'll get one during labour?

Im petrified! Never used to suffer with them before I had Lucy but my nan died when I was 8 months pregnant then had Lucy then 2 weeks later OH lost his job which must have affected me as I started having panic attacks.

I dont get many of them but every now and again I get short of breath and really start to worry. Im just worried that I could get one during labour and have trouble breathing. Wondered if anyone else had the same fears?

yes i have had them for a year now since i was ill last year have difficulty breathing and get panicky easily.. i am also worried incase i have one during labour

Glad to hear someone is in the same boat. Are you going to speak with mw or anything about it? I think im gonna have to as its really starting to worry me now

Me I get them reallybad! If you ever want to chat pm me!x

I have suffered on/off with them for years and worried I would have one in labour with my first - I didnt - and neither with my second I think you are too pre occupied thinking about getting baby out so you should be fine chick, Even if you do Im sure they see it all the time and will know how to help you relax ..xx

I have had them in the past... in fact, I had one not too long after getting pregnant, but I didn't know yet! The only thing that works for me, is breathing techniques for relaxation. Maybe a lamaze class would be extra good in your case? Breathing for relaxation/concentration as well as for the pain?

Panicking is NOT fun. I know how helpless it feels. Just close your eyes and try to think of holding your wonderful little baby when you start to get anxious. :hugs2:

yes I have suffered with anxiety & panic attacks for a few years. I've not really thought about the birth so much so not had any reason to panic over it. I know the nearer i get i will start to get anxious. I'm wanting a home water birth & i'm thinking of going on a hypnobirthing course to help with the labour anxiety.

I dont get many of them but every now and again I get short of breath and really start to worry. Im just worried that I could get one during labour and have trouble breathing. Wondered if anyone else had the same fears?

This is what was so bad for me too...that once you have experienced an axiety attack, your biggest fear is the attack itself, because you're afraid of losing that control.

Definitely talk to your midwife and find someone that can help you with relaxation techniques. Once you know you can control the physical signs coming on, you'll stop worrying about it. Easier said than done, I know...but meditation really does work, and I preferred it over medication.

And start thinking...."I won't have an anxiety attack when I'm in labor." If you've convinced yourself it will happen, then it will! You will be ok!

Stay positive, the more you worry the more likely one is to happen. Focus on something, like listening to others in the room, getting the. baby out and mostly keeping your breathing level.
I've had panic attacks since I was 11 caused by a variety of things. but mainly the unknown and loss of control. Ive researched labour so I know what to expect and have. now no worries about the process.

I to suffer with SEVER panic attacks. It gets to the point i think im going to die. I have had them for about 5 years now, but the breathing techniques really do help. And as soon as you start feeling a panic attack come on In your head say STOP .. or outloud if you prefer. and start the breathing. It has helped me so much, as i really dont want to result to meds for it. sending :hugs:

I get epileptic amd non epileptic seizures, and stress, pain, and panic are huge triggers for me. I am terrified of having a seizure during delivery, especially as they're not under control at the moment. x

Hon I used to have them very bad, but only in the middle of the night never during the day. I have been on Lexapro for a year and never had another one. I cut my Lexapro dose in half after finding out I was pg and I want to wean off off of it completely but I'm so scared to have one pg.

I would definitely tell your Dr or midwife that is a big concern of yours during labor. If it starts to happen, then they can help talk you through it or give you something to make it stop. They can definitely help you get through it one way or another if it does happen. :hugs:

i suffer from night panic attacks , and more uncommonly from them in the daytime, i was fine during most of labour though i did have one early on, but once i got settled into how it was and adjusted the status quo then i was ok

Don't worry too much about having one during labor. Your body will be so focussed on being in labor and getting the baby out that it won't let itself suffer a panic attack. You'll be going through so much "physical trauma" (I don't like that phrase, as it sounds too horrid, but that's what it is!) that I would be very surprised if you had an attack during the birth. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->