Anyone suffered/suffering with a hernia

Kay0102

Reaction score
Im wondering if someone can help/advise.
I have noticed a bulge just above my belly button, I've had it for a while but drs fobbed me off last time. Anyway now in pregnant it's gotten worse so I went back today and they have confirmed I have muscle separation and indeed a hernia and will deal with it after baby. All fine, except since then I've been in agony, it's stinging, it pops out and I can pop it back in and I'm in lots of pain and feels like ive done a thousand sit ups. Is it because of the exam today or not. It just seems weird the pain has started just this afternoon after docs x

I have an epigastric hernia that was left over from my son.

I'm 21+2 at the moment and although it smarts a bit when I cough etc.. As I'm doing a lot at the moment due to a stinking cold... It's not too bad and no real pain other than discomfort at the end of the day if I've been pretty active but a sleep resets everything.

My consultant is not worried and doesn't even need to see me at all for remainder of pregnancy unless it becomes a real issue, and she sees no reason why birth won't be a straightforward process, they'll repair it afterwards

My mum actually spoke to her gynae consultant last week who she trusts immensely and he said that it growing is actually a good thing as although it might hurt as you seem to be experiencing, it has less chance of becoming strangulated and therefore a major problem.

I don't know if it was just today that caused it to hurt so much but get as much rest as you can tonight and see how you go. Try to avoid lifting for long periods and twisting. Also get up using your arm strength rather than your abs.

Good luck, I'm here if you want more of a chat :)

Forgot to say, if pain doesn't go away you must see someone pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->