Anyone suffering through Ulcerative Proctitis/Colitis? :(

SuzyGreenburg

Reaction score
Hey there,

I was just wondering if there are any mamas to be suffering through a UC/UP flare during their first trimester. I'm having to use meds, which scares the pants off of me. With my son, I never even took a Tylenol through my whole pregnancy. Now, I'm forced to take Canasa, which I think is also making my hair fall out.

Just feeling a little sad at what should be a super happy time. Nobody understands why I'm hesitant to be excited. :(

Sorry to start a Debbie Downer thread. Just hoping for some support from someone else who understands and maybe we can help each other.

hi there ! a little late I know but how did things play out for you? I am currently ttc and think I have UC I am going to the GI next week for a flex. sig. so we shall see! what are your symptoms of UC if u don't mind my asking?

I had a flex sig last week and said it was proctitis which I have never heard of, my symptoms are just that I am bleeding when I pass anything but I am not anemic and he didnt seem to worried, I am not taking anything for it since he said it was mild. I just wanted to make sure it wasnt anything serious.

Good luck! I have ulcerative colitis and my doc has me on all my pre-pregnancy meds including 16 pills daily of asacol and 1 canasa tab :wacko: Apparently it's "safe" during pregnancy...I just feel like it would be worse for me to have a bad flare than to stay on meds. Hope you are doing ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->