Anyone surprised by their weight gain? Big or smal...

tristansmum

Reaction score
I'm 35+3 and i weigh myself each fri or sat just to see how i'm gaining. I'm very much a believer that what will be will be. With my son i'm not certain what i gained as i had no scales but i think a good 2 1/2 stone. This time its so much less! 26lbs at 35 weeks. I'm ALL bump too. I actually could still get my pre pregnancy jeans on last week (obviously cant do up button or zip)! I'm quite excited at the idea I might actually fit into alll my summer stuff after baby comes rather than live in tracksuit trousers like last time lol. Pointless thread but hey. I'm contributing all this to having a 2 1/2 year old who never lets me sit still or finish a full meal lol. :thumbup:

I assumed I'd be somebody who put on a reasonable amount of weight during pregnancy, as I'm not heavy by any means, but I carry a bit of extra weight generally (probably 1/2 to 1 stone) because I like my chocolate etc. But my metabolism seems to speed up when I'm pregnant, and I actually seem to loose fat off me, even though baby grows fine. I'm about 9 or 10 lbs up now at 30 weeks. With My daughter I weighed less a few days after giving birth than I did when I got pregnant! Best diet going for me - weird!

I assumed I'd be somebody who put on a reasonable amount of weight during pregnancy, as I'm not heavy by any means, but I carry a bit of extra weight generally (probably 1/2 to 1 stone) because I like my chocolate etc. But my metabolism seems to speed up when I'm pregnant, and I actually seem to loose fat off me, even though baby grows fine. I'm about 9 or 10 lbs up now at 30 weeks. With My daughter I weighed less a few days after giving birth than I did when I got pregnant! Best diet going for me - weird!

Wow! Thats amazing.

I always assumed I'd put on lots and lots of weight during pregnancy. I love food! But nope. My BMI was 21 before pregnancy and now it's 19. All my pre-pregnancy jeans still fit and I can even button the low-rise ones at 34 weeks.

I'm really quite surprised this time around....first pregnancy I only put on 1 & 1/2 stone, I was a size 8 and 5ft bmi of 22 so all good, weight came straight off too :flower:
This time as soon as I hit 8 weeks pregnant I suddenly just ballooned!!! Hips, bum, face, top of arms...you name it if it was able to get fatter and plumper it has....but I'm not a massive eater, I'm a diabetic so I don't snack on chocolate or sweet things when I feel like having some (although wish I could) :haha:

I'm putting it down to all pregnancies are different and hoping it will come off as easily as it did the first time....oh and so far I have put 3 stone on and I am currently 32 weeks :wacko:

Me too, I will weigh less after having baby than I did before I was pregnant. But so far I haven't gained anything. Still have 8 weeks to see if I gain anything

I always thought I would gain a lot of weight and get loads of stretch marks but I've been really surprised. I started off at 62kg, went down to 60 (had a sickness bug on top of morning sickness :( ) and I'm only upto 63/4kgs now with not a single stretch mark. I've lost weight off my arms, legs and bum and gained it all in my belly so I look a bit like Violet in Willy Wonka when she blows up like a blueberry :haha: although my boobs have grown/swollen as well which is mighty uncomfortable.
Still time for the stretch marks to pop up though so I'm not getting my hopes up too high!

Wow im jealous! My first pregnancy was ok, I gained 27 lbs total. ( which was fine, lost it all). THIS pregnancy I have already gained 25 so far and I have over 8 wks left! Oh man!!

I'm jealous of you all! I've gained about 35 pounds so far. :( It's practically all in my belly but surprisingly I don't have any stretch marks. (YET!)

Don't feel bad. I am 34 weeks and up about 33 lbs. With my first DS I gained 45 lbs by 35 weeks when I delivered, so I'm doing MUCH better this time. I eat really healthy and drink tons of water, so I'm just not worrying about it. I make big babies, and I am mostly belly!

I've got you all beat. I'm 37 weeks and up 47 lbs. it's still a shock. I'm hoping its just a big baby and loads of water weight.

I'm jealous of you all! I've gained about 35 pounds so far. :( It's practically all in my belly but surprisingly I don't have any stretch marks. (YET!)

About the same as you Lacy. I'm up 14kg, 30lb at 32 weeks with number 3.

No stretch marks yet. I'm hoping I won't of course as I didn't with the other two, but I was a lot younger then........... :wacko:

I keep the tissue oil on a permanent drip.

I'm surprised by what the scales tell me as I don't think I look like I've put on that much! I know I'd added a bit round my hips but as far as I can tell the rest is all in my bump. The scales say I've out on 24lb and I'm only 28 weeks :(

I'm surprised by what the scales tell me as I don't think I look like I've put on that much! I know I'd added a bit round my hips but as far as I can tell the rest is all in my bump. The scales say I've out on 24lb and I'm only 28 weeks :(

A lot of it is just fluid (amniotic fluid, increased blood supply, water retention) and not necessarily body fat so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

not put on a thing apart from baby as far as I know (I don't own scales). I am still in my old clothes apart from one pair of size 8 maternity jeans. I think it has something to do with me not being able to eat all my favorite foods such as rare steak, runny fried egg sandwiches, pate on toast and my favorite of all blue and brie cheese.

My apetite hasn't really been very big during pregnancy

A lot of it is just fluid (amniotic fluid, increased blood supply, water retention) and not necessarily body fat so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Thank you! I really hope so, I'm rubbish at dieting and am hoping that I won't have too much to lose once baby comes....

Pleasantly surprised by how little I have gained - about 14lbs at 33 weeks

I never weighed myself with my first I was very slim before hand put on a little towards the end and then gained 3 stone in the 3 years after!!!

I started this pregnancy at 164 lbs and currently im at 159 lbs. I can tell ive lost weight on my thighs and bum and hips etc. Will be interesting to see how im looking a few weeks after baby is born.

Am I the only one that has been too scared to weigh themself since getting pregnant? :haha:

Haven't weighed myself in a while. Doc weighed me Monday but I had three days of stomach bug prior so not sure how accurate that was as I was so dehydrated. Anyway as far as I can make out that puts me up about 20lbs since week 13 but only 16 pounds overall as id lost weight the first few weeks. I've accepted there's nothing I can do really. I eat less than I ever did but my body has a mind of its own! Also I was put on minimal or no exercise from 14 weeks which doesn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->