Anyone surprised by their weight gain? Big or smal...

Am I the only one that has been too scared to weigh themself since getting pregnant? :haha:

Ha! I don't do it on my own at home, but I do see the numbers on the scale at the doctors office! :(

I gained 35 pounds with my first baby and never lost it before getting pregnant 8 months later with this baby. I have kept up with an eating plan this time (it's a lot like a GD diet) and have lost 11 pounds since getting pregnant. My doctor keeps an eye on what I eat and on my baby's size and development, and everything is perfect. I take weekends off from my "diet" so I don't lose too much, and I sometimes give into cravings, but I'm surprise I'm handling this so well and that I haven't gained weight. I'm hoping to stay in a deficit by the time delivery day gets here. I could use the head start. lol

It helps that my sister gained 120 pounds with her first baby. Scared me into eating better during pregnancy. Hahaha

Im up 40lb at 33 + 3. I know for a fact that some of it is fat. My BMI before was 21 and now not one item of clothing fits from pre preg :(

I gained 15 pounds in total. I had a BMI of 18 before pregnancy, I still have 2-3 pounds left, but I'm not really trying to get rid of them. Anyway spring is finally here so I get more exercise. I was scared to put on a lot of weight, but nope, I was lucky my appetite didn't increase at all, in fact I was eating less because DD was taking all the room:haha:

Hi. I got weighted at my consultant appointment Monday and I weighted 1 1/2 lb which is about 0.6 kilogram from what I weighed at 4 week's so I'm very pleased because I was very overweight before so hopefully it's a headstart for me after baby is born.

I gained 35 pounds with my first baby and never lost it before getting pregnant 8 months later with this baby. I have kept up with an eating plan this time (it's a lot like a GD diet) and have lost 11 pounds since getting pregnant. My doctor keeps an eye on what I eat and on my baby's size and development, and everything is perfect. I take weekends off from my "diet" so I don't lose too much, and I sometimes give into cravings, but I'm surprise I'm handling this so well and that I haven't gained weight. I'm hoping to stay in a deficit by the time delivery day gets here. I could use the head start. lol

It helps that my sister gained 120 pounds with her first baby. Scared me into eating better during pregnancy. Hahaha

Wow! a 120lbs! :wacko: Thats the most ive ever heard of. Did she manage to lose it?

I am 32 weeks, up 29 lbs ... but I was slightly underweight before pregnancy, OB says that if I gain 'alittle' over the alloted weight gain, that is not an issue.

I've gained 7.2 pounds at 32 weeks. My doctor has been pleasantly surprised with the gain. Pregnancy has been odd for me, most woman gain a ton where I've just started gaining in the past 6 weeks.

Hi ladies! I'm not quite 3rd tri, but I'm in that limbo where I dont quite fit in with 2nd tri anymore, what with all the "gender guess threads" starting to flood in:) (no offense to those ladies, I did it too! :blush: )
I'm 25 weeks, and have gained 6lbs total from pre-pregnancy weight so far. Losing weight in my arms and thighs, and thank goodness no stretch marks (yet). Midwife really confused me today, at 22 weeks, I went in, and they told me I needed to gain 4lbs (because i had only gained 2 lbs total at that time), or else they'd make me go to a nutritionist, making me feel all unhealthy, so I put those lbs on. Well, I went today, and midwife said "well, youre gaining weight, thats for sure", im sure she meant well, but totally made me feel like a hippo! :/ Geez, the things some people say to pregnant women!

Hi ladies! I'm not quite 3rd tri, but I'm in that limbo where I dont quite fit in with 2nd tri anymore, what with all the "gender guess threads" starting to flood in:) (no offense to those ladies, I did it too! :blush: )
I'm 25 weeks, and have gained 6lbs total from pre-pregnancy weight so far. Losing weight in my arms and thighs, and thank goodness no stretch marks (yet). Midwife really confused me today, at 22 weeks, I went in, and they told me I needed to gain 4lbs (because i had only gained 2 lbs total at that time), or else they'd make me go to a nutritionist, making me feel all unhealthy, so I put those lbs on. Well, I went today, and midwife said "well, youre gaining weight, thats for sure", im sure she meant well, but totally made me feel like a hippo! :/ Geez, the things some people say to pregnant women!

Your not a hippo hun, by no means! Everyone gains and holds their pregancy/bump different from others. Even though I am up 29 lbs, I am all boobs and belly (lol) looking at me from behind you would never know I was 8 months. I haven't got any stretch marks yet either, which I am glad, well I do have some on my boobs, but not my belly. Don't worry with what your midwife said, as long as you are eating healthy you'll gain as you go along at your own pace :)

Thanks Trinity, for the reassurance lol. :) and dont worry, I'm starting to get them on my boobs too :blush: to make it worse, I know that's my fault because I haven't been out to get any supportive bras yet, due to finances. Imagine.... Size D breasts being held up by a puny size B bra... *shutters* lol, that's me! :p

Thanks Trinity, for the reassurance lol. :) and dont worry, I'm starting to get them on my boobs too :blush: to make it worse, I know that's my fault because I haven't been out to get any supportive bras yet, due to finances. Imagine.... Size D breasts being held up by a puny size B bra... *shutters* lol, that's me! :p

YW :) Yikkes Size D being held up with a B ... your poor boobs ...lol. Though I will admit that it took me awhile before I went in and got maternity bras, as soon as I started 'busting at the seams' I figured I better get my butt in and get the bras! Listen my dear, I am almost outgrown the dang mat bras!!! Ya ... HELP!!!! :) I went into the maternity store last night and asked when I should get my nursing bra's, and she informed me about a month before my delivery date, so that would be on May 10th as I am due on June 10th. I can't wait to fit into something more comfortable, and NO UNDERWIRES!!!! :) It's finances with me too hun. Trying to save as much money as I can. I can totally relate :)

I'm just under 35 weeks and now gained over 40 lbs, getting close to 45. Not surprised per se. I was tiny before. Kinda enjoying the extra "girth" lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->